Arrest me? Maybe later

Start from the beginning

"She looked cute."

"She was very drunk." Camila shook her head as they came to a stop outside Charlie's office.

"Uh huh. And if you want anyone else to believe that you 'just walked her home', you might want to cover up that hickey." Kehlani said with a laugh before wandering to her office.

Fuck.

As if it wasn't bad enough she'd snuck out of the Jauregui's apartment, now she had a reminder of the really stupid mistake.

The only reason she'd left in the middle of the night was that Taylor had walked out to the kitchen and interrupted them. Luckily the room had been too dark for her to realise who was with her sister.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) they decided that unless they wanted to cause a scandal, it was probably best for Camila to head home.

Camila had just pushed open Charlie's door when a thought crossed her mind.

"Oh fucking dogshit." Camila growled, closing her eyes, her knuckles turning white as her grip on the door handle tightened.

"Uh Camila? You okay?" Charlie's concerned voice made her open her eyes and she smiled tightly.

"Nope. Just realised I left my wallet at home." She said through gritted teeth. Charlie grimaced before gesturing to the chair in front of his desk.

"I take it you found something on Jauregui if you're calling this briefing." Charlie said, looking at Camila expectantly.

"She's the new leader of the family."

"Got any proof? There's been some mixed chatter on who's in charge at the moment." Charlie leaned back in his chair and Camila slid a file over to him.

"Pictures and I even have a video of Lauren Jauregui conducting a 'meeting' with Austin Mahone."

"Mahone? That slimeball is doing business now? Jesus." Charlie muttered as he flipped through the file.

"Sounds like he's been in the business for a while now. But Lauren's definitely the one we need to go after if we want to dismantle the Jauregui's. She's the last heir at the moment. No way in hell is she gonna let Chris take over if something happens to her." Camila said with a frown.

"I want you running it, from the 99." Charlie said after a few minutes of quiet reading. Camila's eyes widened and her lips parted.

"I-"

"You know the most about Jauregui, and you've got a drive to get her that I don't think anyone else has. Whatever she did to get under your skin, it's gonna get her arrested." Charlie said with an encouraging grin.

Camila smiled weakly and ran a hand through her hair.

"I don't know the first thing about running point." Camila said quietly. Charlie leaned forward on the desk.

"I'll talk to the head of Detectives and see if I can't get Diaz and Peralta to give you a nudge in the right direction. I'll hold off on asking for a task force until we've got some arrests made and some more intel."

Camila nodded, her mind whirring too quickly to truly process what was happening; she was being given permission to gather evidence on Jauregui and get paid for it this time.

As long as no one found out what happened last night, she'd be golden.

----

Lauren could feel her soul trying to leave her body.