The Birthday - Part 1

It was half past six...

Kathir and mullai were in deep slumber when mullai's phone started screaming...

Though mullai woke up with her familiar ringtone, it was a mere disturbance for kathir who just crushed him more to mullai and moved back to sleep...

It took few seconds for mullai to realise where and how she was...
His strong arms around her didnt feel like real as the scene comes often in her dreams...
But then it was not...
He was there with her...
She was in his embrace all night...
Can just cuddling give so much contentment...
She never knew it could...

She was brought back to reality with the phone sound and it didnt seem to affect him....
She pulled herself out of his hold somehow and attended the call...

Mu : ammadi mullaa...

M : paaa...

Mu : ammadi... pirantha naal vazhthukal ma...

M : paa... thanks paa... elunthuteyala... tea sapitacha...

Mu : yellam achu ma... ne elunthacha..

M : illaa pa.. thoongitu than iruken... amma kita solidatheya...

Mu(laughing) : ava ketutu than ma iruke... speakerla poten...

M mindvoice : aiyayo...birthday anniki suprabaathama...

P : adiye... pirantha naal nu vidaren... ne panrathuku un appa ah vera kootu sekariya...

M : acho illaa ma.. elunthuten.. chumma paduth...

P : pothum pothum... nee ingaye yethana maniku ipo elam elunthurikarare nu enaku theriyaathaakum...anga poi nerathula elunthurika poriya... atha vidu... sari pirantha naal vazhthukal...

M : thanks ma...

P : thirumba paduthu thoongathe de.. poi thalaiku kuli..

M : thalaiki kulichitu saami kumbitutu puthu thuni potukanum... appuram konjam sakkarai eduthu vaila potukanum.. pirantha naal ah kasapa coffee oda arambika kudathu... iniki non veg sapida kudathu... kovil ku poganum... archanai pananum... avalo than eh...

She couldnt hear parvathi's mild laugh and murugan's loud laugh making her yearn for them.... Though past three years she was in trichy, he parents used to visit her the day before her birthday and stay for her birthday... she would spend her complete time with them other than college hours and they would leave the next day...
But this time, she is away from them that too she had planned it herself...

Though the lover girl in her wanted to spend time with kathir, the daughter in her longed for her parents nearness...

Human desires are really complicated...

She sighed...

P : vaayadi.. athe than.. appuram.. kovil ku yellam poga venam.. inga vanthu namma moonu perum poipom sari ah... un per la poojai ku kuduthuruken....

M : sari ma... na mathiyam sapitutu kelambiduven....

P : sari de.. appuram college ku thaniya friends kuda yelam poga venam... suji sankar rendu peraiyum kutitu poitu vanthidu... romba neram anga yelam iruka venam...

Mullai instantly got her mother's fear and regretted for saying this certificate lie as a reason to stay back in trichy... She knew her mom was nervous even for swarna engagement but as she was with kathir she didnt budge more on it..... But she heard from swarna that her mom checked if arjun would be coming and relieved only after she said she didnt invite him... Kathir too said her parents had a word with him about the same...
Their care, protectiveness and love made her eyes welled up unknowingly...