Further and Further

"Come on were going to be late!" Seungcheol yelled as the boys rushed downstairs. As soon as those words came out of his mouth, he heard rumbling to see Soonyoung and Mingyu quarreling while rolling down the steps.

"What the hell is wrong with them?" Seungcheol asked himself as he got into the van, not caring about the plan anymore.

"I call shotgun!" Chan yelled. Chan ran to the front seat before anyone could object. Joshua shook his head as he calmly walked to the van with Jihoon and Jeonghan. Wonwoo was already patiently waiting in the van, reading a book he's been addicted to lately.

Jun and Minghao came next, bickering about who would win in an apocalypse.

"Obviously me! I have more physical strength," Jun argues back.

"Jun, you stuck a fork in a toaster. A metal fork!" Minghao explained.

"I was trying to get the toast out! Why does no one understand that?!" Jun exclaimed as his eyebrows furrowed.

Seokmin, Seungkwan, and Vernon came down last.

"What took so long?" Seungcheol asked the three as he started the vehicle.

All three of them shrugged as Seungcheol glared at them and they made there way to the creek.

Jun got out first as he screamed in happiness and jumped in the water. Jeonghan shook his head at the  hyperactive boy and got all the bags out of the van. Mingyu followed Jun's lead and immediately jumped into the warm creek.

The rest of the boys got out of the van and sat down at the nearest bench. Seungcheol started grilling at the small grill as Jihoon put the drinks into the ice filled cooler. Minghao laid down on a towel and put sunscreen on before Wonwoo came beside him and started reading a book he had recently bought. Minghao smiled at the other before intertwining their hands together.

"What are you going to do?" Seungkwan asked as he put bug spray on himself. Vernon shrugged.

"Probably go get something to eat before I swim," Vernon said as he sat at the bench. Seungkwan followed him and sat down next to him.

"Let's swim before you eat so you don't get cramps when you swim," Seungkwan said as he dragged them both to the creek. Vernon jumped in first followed by Soonyoung and Chan. Seungkwan dipped his foot in to test the temperature before calmly stepping into the creek and sitting on the creek floor. He felt the sun hit his face as he closed his eyes and enjoyed the perfect weather. He was falling asleep until he felt a huge splash hit him in his face. He gasped and quickly saw Vernon cheesing at him playfully. He glared at him before splashing back at him angrily. Vernon squealed before swimming under the water towards Seungkwan.

"No! Leave me alone!" Seungkwan pleaded as he tried to run away from his best friend. He almost made it to the grass until he felt a hand grasp his leg. He tried to kick him away but completely failed as his other leg was being pulled. He quickly held a breath before being dragged under the water. When he came back, up he hit Vernon continuously and yelled curse words at him.

"And now," Seunglwan exclaimed as he threw another slap. "You got my damn hair wet! You know how much time I spend on my hair?! Huh? Do you?" Seungkwan asked as Vernon laughed the whole time. He bent down to try and catch a breath from laughing before toppling into the water from Seungkwan kicking him. He came up to see Seungkwan laughing at the sight of Vernon complaining of getting water up his nose.

As the two continued to horse play, Jun smiled and laughed as he threw Chan in the creek. While he was smiling, Jun looked over to see Minghao's head on Wonwoo's lap as they talked and laughed while interlocking fingers. Jun's smile instantly dropped. He froze as he continued to look at the two happily talking and occasionally flirting. They looked into each others eyes before softly locking lips.

"Hey! You gonna come back or what?" Chan asked as he and Mingyu waddled over to the heartbroken boy. They saw his moping face looking towards Minghao and Wonwoo. Chan gasped as Mingyu immediately felt bad for the boy.

"Hey, you wanna grab something to eat? I brought those really soft choclate chip cookies you like," Mingyu said empathetically as Jun sniffled and nodded. They made their way over to the bench as Jun's head hung low. Chan swung his arm around Jun and smiled at him before sitting him down and stroking his hair. Mingyu fed him cookies as he consoled Jun, now silently crying, as he told him reassuring things.

"It's okay, I don't want to make the trip a bummer for you guys," Jun said as he softly sobbed. The two other boys shook their heads, letting it be known that they want to be here comforting Jun than be doing anything else.

As Mingyu and Chan were trying to cheer Jun up, Vernon and Seungkwan came out of the creek laughing while pushing and hugging each other.

"Are you still hungry?" Seungkwan asked. Vernon  nodded and they made their way over to where the food was. They sat down and got plates of food before Seungkwan yawned and laid his head down on Vernon's shoulder. Vernon softly pat Seungkwan's head before eating his food and feeding Seungkwan as well.

"Do you wanna play a game?" Vernon asked as Seungkwan lifted his head up as he nodded, interested in what they were going to play.

"It's called Pocky," Vernon told him.

"What's that?" Seungkwan asked curiously. Vernon reached into his synched bag and brought out a box of the sweet treat.

" So, basically," Vernon started. "We both put the ends of  the stick in our mouth and one of us bites it until it gets really small and our goal is to have it really small without touching lips."

"So, we kiss each other?"

"No."

"Oh."

"Do you want to kiss each other?"

"I don't mind."

Vernon smiled at the boys pouty expression and response before putting the end of the Pocky stick into his mouth. Seungkwan put the other end between his teeth. Vernon smiled before biting. Seungkwan's heart rate began to speed up as the other boy kept getting closer and closer to his lips. Seungkwan thought Vernon was going to stop, until he felt soft lips touch his own. Seungkwan panicked and backed away.

"There is no Pocky left," Seungkwan said shakily as he blushed heavily.

"Dammnit, we should try again."

"Y-Yes, we should."

Both of them knew this was just an excuse to keep kissing each other and they didn't mind, until all the Pocky ran out.