I've Been Waiting So Long For A Love Like This

Their friendship blossomed with a single 'hey' from a small boy at a park. Now, the two are inseparable.
Except, Vernon liked Seungkwan and not in the way a best friend should. He's never understood why he's felt that way, but he always has since he's landed eyes on the boy.

"Hey, i've got a new Nintendo 64 if you wanna come over and play it with me," Vernon said as he bumped into Seungkwan playfully.

"Woah, really?! Where did you get that kind of money from?" Seungkwan asked.

"Well, it's kind of a crazy story."

"Do tell."

"So basically," Vernon started. As he was telling the story, the two were walking back to Hansol's house to play the gaming system.

"That's how I got the money."

"So, you mean to tell me," Seungkwan stated, completely in awe at the situation. "That you and Yujii aren't actually together and her parents are paying you to fake date her because she's gay?!"

"I didn't stutter, did I?" Vernon asked as they made their way up to his room.

Seungkwan collapsed onto Vernon's bed as he sighed heavily. Vernon scoffed and shook his head at the dramatic boy before putting the game in and getting out the controllers.

"I'm Luigi!" Seungkwan yelled as he quickly picked his character.

"That's not fair!" Vernon complained. "You know I'm always Luigi!"

"You snooze you lose, slow-poke," Seungkwan softly said before smiling wickedly and starting the game.

"You suck!" Vernon yelled playfully as he ran to the pole first, marking his flag.

"That's not what you were saying when I beat you four times before, moron," Seungkwan said as he kicked Vernon. Moments later, Seungkwan started to get tired of winning.

"I'm bored," Seungkwan whined as he set aside the remote controller.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Vernon asked as he got up from the bean bag and stretched from having sit there for so long.

"Let's play truth or dare?" Seungkwan asked. Vernon looked at him crazily.

"What?! We have nothing better to do," Seungkwan exclaimed.

"Okay, okay," Vernon gave in. "Truth or dare?" he asked.

"Truth," Seungkwan answered.

"Do you like someone?" Vernon asked. He didn't know why now he wanted to know if Seungkwan liked someone. He knew it would never be him, of course, so why not find out who.

"Yeah, I do," Seungkwan said truthfully. Vernon looked up, shocked at how easily the boy answered the question.

"Really? Who is it?" Vernon asked eagerly.

"Uh-uh, no, you asked if I liked someone not who," Seungkwan said as Vernon sulked.

"Truth or dare?" Seungkwan asked.

"Dare."

"I dare you to tell me who you like," Seungkwan asked. Vernon furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Seungkwan again.

"That is not how it works," Vernon said as he pushed Seungkwan playfully.

"Yes, it is," Seungkwan responded. "Now answer me!"

"I don't like anyone."

"That's a lie! Everyone likes someone and I know for a fact you do. Just tell me," Seungkwan whined and pleaded.

"No!"

"That's not fair! That was your dare! You have to!"

"No, no I do not."

"Yes, yes you do."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"You!"

The room went completely silent as Vernon immediately regret what came out of his mouth. Seungkwan stared at him with wide eyes as the awkward silence became almost unbearable.

"Seungkwan-," but before Vernon could finish his sentence, soft lips fell onto his own. He couldn't believe what was happening. He was kissing his best friend.

"I like you too."

"Don't just say that out of pity, Kwannie," Vernon said as he pet Seungkwan's hair.

"I'm not, really. I do like you."

The pair of boys lips connected once again as tears slipped.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long."