Hurdles and Baskets

Seungkwan was the number one track star in his school. His title had been up on the track hall of fame since he was a freshman, so for a good three years. He's always been talked about, negatively and positively. Of course people were jealous of him, but a lot of people, especially the freshman, team looked up to him.

Same goes for Vernon Chwe, except he was exceeding in basketball. He was the varsity captain and was the assistant coach of the JV team. He was one of the most well known students in the school district. He's been MVP almost every year he's played and has won multiple awards for his athleticism and good sportsmanship.

Seungkwan was walking into the boys locker room to get ready for his track meet. His best friends, Seokmin and Soonyoung, came tackling the younger boy.

"I'm so excited!" Seokmin yelled as the two laughed. Soonyoung helped Seungkwan up as he dusted himself off. He was very excited for this meet because he was going against his school's rivals. Of course he was a little nervous, but overall stoked.

The three boys walked out and stretched with the rest of the team. Soonyoung and Seokmin talked as Seungkwan looked at who was in the crowd. He saw his parents and smiled as he looked at the huge signs they brought to cheer Seungkwan throughout the meet. He also saw his other friend, Minghao sitting with his boyfriend Jun, cheering him on. But what threw Seungkwan off guard was seeing the one and only, Vernon Chwe, on the bleachers. He was talking to his friends from the basketball team, Seungcheol and Mingyu. Vernon turned around and smiled at Seungkwan before giving him a wink. Seungkwan smiled back and blushed very hard.

He's always found Vernon attractive. From the day they both saw each other at freshman orientation, he's always had a crush on Vernon, so seeing him at the tournament kind of threw him off.

Seungkwan sprang up and got into his position to do the hurdlers. This was by far, one of Seungkwan's best skills. Of course he was good at running the 800s and 1200s, but hurdlers was something he excelled at and enjoyed. He's always been one of the best jumpers on the team.

As soon as the BB gun shot into the air, Seungkwan was already at his first hurdle. He jumped over it effortlessly and flawlessly, already getting ready to jump over the second one.

The crowd cheered immensely as he kept going, his opponents already falling down. He felt free when he was running the hurdles. The crowd added the full effect of the immense feeling of happiness and adrenaline welling through his body as he ran through the silk, red line. He fell to his knees as the cheers got louder and louder. He was picked up by his teammates and thrown into the air as the crowd chanted "Boo Seungkwan," over and over again.

After the meet was over, all the boys went into the locker room. Seungkwan was the last one to leave as always. He took his time getting dressed after the shower. When he was packing up his things, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Vernon.

"Oh, hi!" Seungkwan said with a prominent blush spreading across his cheeks.

"Hey," Vernon said. "You did really good out there."

"Thank you. I appreciate it," Seungkwan said with a smile he couldn't contain. Vernon smiled back and scratched his head.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party my friend Mingyu is hosting for our win at finals?" Vernon asked.

"I would love to," Seungkwan said. He was secretly freaking out on the inside and tried not to scream by biting his tongue.

"Okay! Cool. It starts at 9:00. You can bring whoever you want. The more the merrier," Vernon said before leaving. As soon as the coast was clear for Seungkwan, he let out a scream he was holding in ever since he turned around to see Vernon was the one who tapped him.

Seungkwan rushed home and speed rushed to get ready. He spent an hour picking out the perfect outfit to where and settled on a black shirt, a green knitted cardigan and dark blue jeans. He styled his red hair in a side part before putting on light makeup.

Seungkwan checked the clock to see it was already 9:03. He panicked and quickly slipped on a pair of white sneakers before rushing out of the house. He ran to Windy Oaks, where the party was and quickly saw the flashing lights and heard the loud music booming throughout the whole neighborhood.

He was greeted on the doorstep by Vernon.

"Hey! Sorry i'm a little late," Seungkwan said as he tried to catch his breath without making it noticeable.

"No worries," Vernon said before leading him inside.
Seungkwan saw people playing beer pong, truth or dare, chugging whatever alcohol they could find, people making out, people puking. It was definitely a lot for it to be the first party he's ever attended.

"Hey, Seungkwan and Vernon!" Chan greeted as the two smiled and greeted back. "They're playing spin the bottle in the basement if you two want to join."

Vernon looked at Seungkwan to see what he would say. Seungkwan nervously nodded and smiled. The two walked down to see a bunch of people in a circle with a bottle in the middle.

'Looks like a cult,' Seungkwan thought to himself as he sat opposite from Vernon. A girl named Chae spun the glass beer bottle for it to land on another girl named Mina. The two scooted closer and locked lips as the basement filled with gasps and noises of approval.

The game continued as more and more people kissed back and forth. It was finally Vernon's turn. He spun the bottle quickly and it landed on Seungkwan. Seungkwan internally freaked out as his cheeks turned rosey. Vernon smiled and moved towards the smaller boy. He noticed the Seungkwan was shaking and sweating crazily on his palms.

"Hey, no need to be scared. Loosen up, it's just me," Vernon whispered reassuringly to Seungkwan. The red haired boy nodded before leaning in and connecting their lips together. Their lips molded as the two closed their eyes. Seungkwan swore he heard fireworks being set off in the background as the electrical tingle ran through his body.

"Get a room!" Soonyoung screamed as the two pulled away and giggled. After the kiss, the two found the game a little boring and went outside to a small basketball court three minutes away from the party. Vernon found a ball on the court and picked it up.

"Are you any good?" Vernon asked before Seungkwan shook his head. Vernon ushered Seungkwan to come near him.

"I'll teach you, yeah?" Vernon asked. Seungkwan nodded and blushed for the nth time that day. Vernon took Seungkwan's hands under his on the ball and positioned his elbows upwards.

"You want to shoot," Vernon started before guiding Seungkwan's hands up. "Like this," he said before helping Seungkwan shoot the ball into the basket effortlessly.

"Woah," Seungkwan said before smiling madly. "Can we do it again?" Seungkwan asked before Vernon let out a small 'of course.' He did the exact same thing with guiding his hands up and shooting into the net.

"If you do it by yourself, i'll surprise you," Vernon said. Seungkwan nodded and took a deep breath before doing what Vernon taught him and shooting the basketball into the basket. He made it and cheered.

While he was cheering, Vernon grabbed his face and kissed him softly. Seungkwan kisses back gently while wrapping his arms around the taller boys neck.

"Surprise."