V

[AN]

Wassup my dudes~

I am back with actual plot today, not just cuteness(though there probably will be some of that too) - it is time to learn more about Minho and his relationship with Chan a little bit

In other words, they talk. And Jeongin is there too...sorta

And yes, Minsung will be returning soon!!!

Enjoy the chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

When Minho joined Chan on the baby blue couch in the living room, he was still smiling widely.

The upholstery, which set in the center of their main room, was well worn and spotted several scratch marks from various claws (an on the rare occasion, teeth).

Nestled on either side of the well-loved couch were small, wooden side-tables, all covered with an assortment of video games, papers, and old dishes that had yet to make it to the kitchen.

There wasn't much to the small apartment; a cramped kitchenette, two bedrooms and a third fashioned from an old office space, a single bathroom, and the living room. However, it was home to all seven hybrids (perhaps eight if Minho got his way) and they wouldn't trade it for the world.

Minho gingerly settled himself onto the couch after moving one of Jeongin's books. Instantly, he burrowed into the soft cushions and sighed. Over the years the couch had become a concoction of all their scents combined, bringing a sense of peace and comfort to whomever sat down on it.

Chan watched Minho curiously, his ears fluttering.

The wolf-hybrid was lounging on the opposite side of the couch, his posture relaxed and eyes heavy with sleep. Though, Minho doubted Chan would be retiring to bed anytime soon.

In the leader's lap, was the aforementioned youngest.

Jeongin was curled up tightly in his animal form, just a fluffy ball of russet red and the faintest hint of white where his underbelly was visible. One of his black tipped ears twitched in his sleep, and in true Jeongin fashion, even shifted, the boy's bright green headphones rest around his neck, with the cord tangled around his paws.

"He shifted in his sleep again." Chan supplied with a chuckle.

He fiddled fondly with Jeongin's ears, scratching around the base.

The fox-hybrid rumbled low in his throat, a sound not unlike a purr as he snuggled farther into Chan's tail, which was serving as a pillow. Minho smiled, running a finger along the ridge of Jeongin's spine, causing the boy to lift his hind legs in a grand stretch as his tail followed the movement and stood on end. When he was finished, he settled himself against Chan, once more.

"That's the third time this week." Minho said gloomily, watching as Jeongin bat at his ear when Chan hit a ticklish spot, still heavily asleep.

"He needs to get out and run. Spend some real time in his animal form." Minho said sadly, "They all do."

"I know." Chan sighed, "But it's hard enough to find a safe place for them to not worry about their ears and tails being out, let alone shifting. All of our older spots have either been revoked by the government or overrun by traffickers. Which I want to speak with you about, by the way."

"I know, I know." Minho said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

He suddenly felt exhausted, and his tail had begun a nervous sway behind him.