III

[AN] 

Heyo! 

Today, I bring you Felix! It was supposed to be Felix and Hyunjin but the chapter would have been too long so~ Hyunjin next chapter lol! 

Get ready for me to throw a boat-load of Jilix at you, because they're adorable

Oh and Minsung too, of course 

Enjoy the chapter! 

________________________________________________________________________________

A simple nudge from Minho was all it took for Felix to wake with a start.

His body jerked as he shot into a sitting position, leaning on his elbows, as his ears flattened and breathing quickened.

Minho raised an amused brow, chuckling lightly as he said, "It's just me, furball."

Felix huffed indignantly, flopping backwards onto his mattress dramatically, his blue hair scattering wildly across his pillow.

The cat hybrid blinked lazily up at Minho, feline eyes glimmering in the faint sliver of moonlight filtering in through the drawn curtains. His dark grey tail flicked sharply in annoyance.

"You do realize it's almost two in the morning?" Felix asked with a groan a light groan as he rubbed tiredly at his eyes. His voice was deeper than usual, still rough and heavy with sleep. "What could possibly be so important that you had to interrupt my precious sleep?"

"I need your help." Minho whispered harshly, not wishing to wake Seungmin. The Labrador hybrid lay fast asleep, snoring lightly in the bed across the way.

Felix's brow furrowed in confusion, sensing the urgency in Minho's tone.

He sat up instantly, alert, as his tail stood to a rigid point.

His nose twitched, detecting the heavy scent of fresh citrus drowning in the odor of burnt rubber. HIs attention fell swiftly on the source: Jisung.

The squirrel hybrid's face was firmly pressed to Minho's nape, one eye just barely visible where he peeked out timidly at Felix. Jisung gnawed on his bottom lip, roused, woozy and disoriented, from his sleep by Felix's unfamiliar scent.

Minho had only spoken of Chan on the walk to his apartment and Jisung felt intimidated by the unfamiliar, pixie face and feline eyes that bore into him. He was overwhelmed, unused to so much interaction and confused by their display of kindness towards him. The startlingly deep pitch of Felix's voice fueled Jisung's fear, and it clutched him in its iron grip.

It was only natural to expect their kindness would eventually run out.

"Who's this?" The blue-haired male asked, both cautious and curious as his keen gaze snagged on the baby blue tag brandishing Jisung's wrist.

Felix offered a kind smile, recognizing Jisung's unease. It was a familiar emotion to the cat-hybrid, and he did not wish to frighten Jisung further.

Minho shifted, turning so that Felix could see Jisung better. He tipped his head, letting one fuzzy black ear flop against boy's forehead teasingly. Jisung scrunched his nose, shaking away the tickling feeling. He giggled; his fear forgotten.

Jisung swiped playfully at Minho's ebony ear when he tried to do it again, pouting cutely. Minho smiled triumphantly, relinquishing his teasing as he smoothed Jisung's hair.

"Felix, meet Jisung. Jisung, this is Felix." Minho introduced the two.

"I picked him up at the supermarket. He's a runaway and he's injured. My guess is he will probably need stitches." Minho trailed off, seeing the grim understanding dawn on Felix's face.