IX

[AN]

Ahhhhhhhh

Hello!! 

I'm back with a new update! 

I'm literally so happy right now you guys!!! 

I finally feel like I can write again and it's been months and I'm so sorry but it's done, the chapter's done and my motivation meter feels full for the first time in forever and ack so happy! 

I really really hope you enjoy today's update; it's kind of a filler, kind of not - I'm not really sure what to call it and it's also a bit more on the dark/sad side but there's still cute nothings that go on so I hope you enjoy nevertheless!! 

________________________________________________________________________________

"You sure you'll be alright by yourself, Sungie? Lix and I can stay if you don't want to be alone right now. I promise we don't mind."

Hyunjin's voice was comforting and soft as he delicately brushed through Jisung's hair. They were in the bathroom, Felix sitting quietly on the bathroom counter, and Hyunjin standing above Jisung, working knots out of his tangled hair.

Felix perked up at the mention of his name, his ears fluttering as he nodded happily.

"That's right, Sungie," Felix practically purred, "We just want to be here for you, whatever you need."

Jisung twiddled with his fingers, refusing to meet either of the hybrids' eyes. His hands were quivering slightly as his stared down at the bathroom tiles, as if they were the most interesting objects in the world.

"I don't wanna be a burden." He mumbled, voice so impossibly quiet that if it weren't for both Hyunjin and Felix's fine-tuned ears, they would have missed it.

Felix swiveled to face Jisung abruptly, both appalled and affronted as he whined. Hopping off the counter, Felix gathered Jisung into a firm hug.

Sungie, no, don't say that!" Felix soothed, "You could never be a burden! If it will make you feel better and safe, then we would be happy to stay!"

His voice was strict yet gentle, unwavering and leaving no room for further argument. Jisung sighed quietly, leaning heavily into the slightly younger man's arms.

Hyunjin trailed his fingers over the expanse of Jisung's bare back, tracing over prominent shoulder blades and ribs, and avoiding a minefield of bruises, some ghoulish and dark, others pale and yellow.

He surrounded both omegas in a hug of his own, heart tugging painfully as he laid his head on Jisung's, grime and dirt very visible in his grey hair. He hurt for his friend.

"Felix is right, Jisung. We want to help and if being here with you is what it takes, well, then there's nowhere else I'd rather be." Hyunjin said matter-of-factly.

Jisung shuddered, eyes watering. He wrapped tightly around Felix and grabbed Hyunjin's hand, relying on them to hold him together.

"Please stay," He finally said shakily, "I don't want to be alone right now."

~・✧・~

It had taken a little over forty-five minutes to coax Jisung into releasing Minho from his death grip and another fifteen to actually convince the squirrel hybrid to leave the elder's lap.

Reluctantly, Jisung had gotten up, only to reattach himself to the nearest body immediately after (Jeongin). He shoved his face in the crook of the maknae's neck, scent no longer a pungent acidic distressed, but still quite sour.