XVIII

[AN]

Hello!

I have returned with a new Haven update! I hope everyone is doing well! Today, I have some drama BUT also some fluff for you. This chapter features a protective Felix and a cute, sleepy Minho. And some other stuff I won't spoil hehe. I hope you enjoy!

P.S. Please don't hate me when you get to the end!

I love you all!

~・✧・~

In the following weeks, not a lot changed.

Jisung moved into Felix's room, squealing happily when he first saw the newly decorated space. He'd spent several hours crafting his nest, meticulously folding blankets, shifting pillows, and arranging articles of clothing until he was content with his creation. He'd shyly asked for a piece of clothing from each member, unable to make eye contact and very interested in his shoes, but of course, who was anyone to deny him.

A beanie from Felix, a pair of mittens from Seungmin, tee-shirts from Changbin and Hyunjin (the latter of which had shucked his shirt off as soon as Jisung said please, almost desperate in his haste to give the boy his clothing), sweatpants from Chan, and sweatshirts from Minho and Jeongin. Though Jisung never mentioned it, Felix knew he'd strategically placed Minho's hoodie over his pillow, shoving his face into the soft fabric each night as he inhaled peacefully.

Surrounded by the scents of his pack, Jisung felt comforted, at home.

But it was not enough to thwart his nightmares and on many an occasion, Jisung would jolt awake, drenched in cold sweat and a scream on his tongue.

On those nights, Felix would slot himself behind Jisung, wrap his arms tightly around the older boy, and hold him until the nightmare passed, until his shakes had subsided into an easy sleep.

Tonight, however, Felix felt restless, an itch under his skin that he could not soothe.

He sat silently next to Jisung, a dutiful guard-dog watching over him as he stroked the sleeping boy's cheek. Outside, the sky rumbled, a storm festering in the distance. Felix was sure as he stared out into the murky darkness, that in a few hours, the clouds would part and tiny droplets of rain would fall over the city, drenching the blooming flowers in a fury of crystal mist until they wilted, sagging low to the ground.

Felix sighed and the wind howled as if in answer, pounding against the window and stressing the glass.

Jisung whimpered, tucking his nose into Felix's cat plushie and squeezing his eyes shut. Lost to the haze of nightmares, Felix ran his fingers tenderly down the squirrel's spine, held his hands and laid over his legs when Jisung thrashed, attempting to strike an invisible demon Felix couldn't see.

"Please let me go," Jisung mumbled into his pillow, sounding close to tears as he attempted to strike out again. "It hurts."

Felix glared at his bed sheets; shoulders set in a stiff resolve. The worst nights were when Jisung spoke, cried out in a shaken whisper pleas for help and begged to escape, to be let go. Jisung's nightmares seemed to be made of memories and Felix wished for nothing more than to cease the elder's pain, to remove any semblance of his memories that terrified him even in sleep.

The itch wouldn't go away.

It boiled just below his skin, sizzling hot and angry.

Felix scratched roughly at his arm, leaving red marks in his wake. When Jisung fought more desperately, Felix tightened his grasp to an almost bruising force. He whispered countless apologies into Jisung's hair, kissed the crown of his head, and tried his tears but he did not relent his grip, knowing Jisung would only hurt himself if he were free.