XIV

[AN] 

Hi Loves, 

I hope everyone is doing fantastic and taking care of themselves. 

I finally have a new update for you all! 

It's not the best, not even close I don't think but I do really hope you guys enjoy it. I needed to get something out to you all, it's been far too long and I miss writing. So I hope you enjoy the chapter, this is somewhat of a filler with a lil' cliff-hanger at the end. I hope to get back in my flow soon, I've got a little bit of time left in my summer break so I'll try to get more updates out on this story and other stories before school begins and I have to start focusing on my college applications :/ but here's an update for today! 

Hope you like it!! :):):)

________________________________________________________________________________

(1 week later)

After Chan's forest surprise, the pack settled into an easy routine, with Jisung fitting in perfectly. They all adored him and there was no question that he belonged in their pack. Things were going so well that they almost forgot about the tracker and Jisung's pursuers.

Almost.

"Minho-hyung, if you pace anymore, you're going to make an indent in the floor. Jisung is fine."

Minho stopped in his tracks to stare at Seungmin. The younger was sandwiched between Felix and Hyunjin on the couch, watching the panther hybrid with a quirked brow and amused grin. Seungmin shoved Hyunjin off the couch, patting the now-empty cushion as an indication for Minho to cease his pacing and join him on the couch.

Minho sighed, abandoning the path he'd been stalking by the front door as he complied with Seungmin's demand (albeit with a droopy tail). He fell into the seat beside the brunette silently, still rigid and stiff as Hyunjin grumbled loudly in annoyance.

"I know he is," Minho mumbled, his midnight ears burrowed deep into his hair. "But they said they'd be back a half-hour ago. What if something happened? I shouldn't have let them leave without me."

Felix snorted, leaning over Seungmin to pinch Minho's cheeks.

"Please," The younger snickered, positively amused by Minho's pout, "No offense, hyung, but you're so protective of Sungie if you had gone shopping today, I think you would have growled at the mannequins and ripped up any piece of clothing that didn't fit him properly. Channie and Chanbin hyung are with him, plus Innie too. I promise they'll be fine."

Minho stuck his tongue out at Felix, drooping further as he hunched in on himself, sulking.

The four of them had left early in the morning, determined to find Jisung a new wardrobe of clothing and any other necessities the boy might need (preferably free of rips and tracking devices). And, seeing as Jisung was to become a permanent member of the pack, Chan had offered the younger to pick out a special item to have for his bedroom. Jisung had positively glowed and have led, half dragged Chan out the door.

Minho had fought ardently to join them, discontent with being away from Jisung for any prolonged period of time but Jeongin had stopped him at the front door with a quirked brow and hand on his hip.

"Not so fast, mister," The younger had said sassily, "You know the rules. Two alphas come along; two alphas stay with the rest of the pack. We won't be long, and I'll make sure Jisung stays safe."

Then, Jeongin had scampered off, shutting the door in Minho's face before the older could blink.

To be fair, Minho knew Felix had a point.