Part 24

I wake up the next morning with a killer headache I take a hot shower and change into my sweats and a tank top as I walk downstairs into the kitchen hoping to see my parents sitting there but am surprised when I don't see them. I call my mother knowing how my dad was disappointed in me last night not wanting to deal with him. 

   "Hello?" My mother answers the phone. "Hey, Where are you guys?" I ask nervously. "We're still at the hospital. Mark needs someone here until his father gets here." She says and she seems clueless about what happened. "Oh. How's Kelsey doing?" I ask hopeful. "Shes actually awake now. I think she would love it if you dropped by and maybe bring some friends." She says and that means she doesn't know. "Yeah, I'll be on my way." I say goodbye and hang up walking upstairs to throw on jeans and make my way to the car. 

      As I arrive at the hospital I take a deep breathe before I enter her room first seeing her laying on the bed with wires hooked up to her and her Uncle sitting in the chair next to the bed. "Trevor. Hey." Her Uncle acknowledges my presence. I see her visibily tense. I lift my head looking up and am met with cold lifeless green eyes that were once full of life and hope before she found out about the bet. "Leave." A shaky voice says and am shocked when I notice it came from her. 

     "Kelsey! Do you want me to leave?" He Uncle throws questions at her and she shakes her head at her Uncle and slightly points at me. "Leave." She says again and I can't help that my heart feels like its breaking at this very moment. Her Uncle looks over at me. "I think you should leave. I'm sorry Trevor." He says sadly as I nod turning to leave but before leaving I look back towards the girl that I love. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything Kels." I say and leave before her Uncle asks any questions. 

     "Trevor. What are you doing here son?" My dad asks as he sits in the hall talking to my mother and Mr. Young. "I came here to see Kelsey." "Really. Why are you leaving now? You can stay longer." Mr. Young states as I shake my head. "She asked me to leave." I say coldly and I see the pity in everyones eyes. "I'm gonna head out. I'll be home later." I say and walk out heading to the park where everything really started. 

     Sitting at the bench in my secret place I remember our conversation.

"That's why I was scared. I was developing feelings for you and I didn't want to get attached when I told you this if you leave I don't want to get hurt."  She had told me. "You think I would leave you because of this?" I say. "Most guys would." She can't even look me in the eyes. "You don't have to be scared around me." I promised her as she nods.  "I'll try. I'm just scared to get hurt all over again." "I'm not your dad." "I know your not,that's not what I'm saying." "I know I'm just telling you. You don't have to think I'm gonna end up like your dad." 

     I run my hands through my hair. 'I hurt her. The one thing I promised not to do, I did.' I think to myself and can't handle the fear of what happens when she chooses not to forgive me like Dennis said. I should have told her about everything. I look at all the messages from the crew talking about the party that I'm missing. I see a missed call from Dennis and decide to call him back. 

  "Hey" He answers. "Hey. Why did you call?" "I was just wondering where you were at? The guys called thinking you were with me." "Oh. I'm at the park." I answer quietly. "I'm on my way." He hangs up and 15 minutes later I see his car pull up and see him walk to my secret place. "What are you doing here?" I ask as he takes a seat next to me. "I'm gonna be here for my best friend." He answers and I can't help but break down. 

    "I screwed up." I say trying to hold the tears in. "You don't know that. Theres still a chance she might forgive you." He says trying to calm me down and I shake my head. "I saw her today and she told me to leave." I state and he takes a deep breathe. "I don't know what to do bud. All I can say is give her time." He states. "How much time? I feel like I just got my heart broken." I answer honestly. "Its not gonna be done over night and you can't expect it too." He say and I nod as we sit in quiet. 

Kelsey's POV

In the hospital

         I wake up and look around and see a lady in scrubs checking on the wires I'm hooked up too. "Hello?" I say and she looks shocked. "Hey sweetie. I'm Nurse Suzy. You're ok. I'll go get the doctor." She says and exits the room which I now realize is a hospital room. "Hey, Kelsey. How are you feeling?" The doctor asks as he enters the room. "Why am I here?" I ask. "Well Its seems you overdosed on antidepressants. Do you want to talk about it?" He asks nicely and I shake my head. "How did I get here?" I ask the doctor. "Your Uncle found you and rushed you here."

           "Can I see my Uncle Mark now?" I ask as the doctor has stopped with the check ups. "Of course. He was really worried by the way." He says as he leaves and not even a minute later Uncle Mark comes running in. "Thank God. Kelsey are you ok?" He asks rushing to me and hugs me tightly. "I'm fine." He pulls away. "Ok. Good. Now tell me what happened?" He says sternly. "I'm sorry." I don't really remember what all happened. "Its all a little blurry." I say honestly. "Ok just tell me if you feel like that ever again. I mean it. I'm here for you." He says. "I promise." I tell him trying to remember what had happened.

       My Uncle and I are talking and watching tv waiting on Grandfather to arrive to see me. "Trevor. Hey." Uncle Mark says and I can't help but tense when he says his name. I look over and get a flash of what happened.

          I see Trevor and his friends outside the gym talking. He smiles walking towards me as he spots me. "Hey babe." He says pulling me towards him but I push him away. "Whats wrong?" He sounds concerned but I can't believe him. "Tell me its not true." He looks confused. "What are you talking about?" He asks again and I can't help but notice the crowd begging to form around us. "The bet." His face pales as he looks behind me to see Shelly.

      "Kels-" He says. "Is it true or not?" I ask sternly. "You have to know-" "It it true or not! ANSWER!" I shout and he flinches. "Yes. Bu-" "Don't. Don't talk to me ever again." I turn to leave as he grabs my hand. "Kels-" I rip my hand away and slap him. "Stop!" "I love you-" "No you don't. You love winning. You played me and I trusted you." "Kelsey please" He reaches out for me again. "Watch out Trevor, her dad might have taught her something considering hes in jail." Shelly says and I freeze. "How could you?" I turn to look him in the eyes. "Bab-" "Don't call me that. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you. Good luck at your game. I hope you get another win. We both know how much you love to win." I say throwing his jersey at him as it leaves me in a blue tank top. run off ignoring him calling after me.

      "Leave." I state coldly and look directly over at him. "Kelsey! Do you want me to leave?" Uncle Mark asks me and I shake my head at him and point a finger at Trevor. "Leave." I state once more. "I think you should leave. I'm sorry Trevor." he says and I see Trevor nod and turn around to leave but stops and turns around and speaks once more. "I'm sorry. "I'm sorry for everything Kels." He says and walks out the door and I break down crying for the boy I had once said I loved as he had betrayed me.

      "Kelsey are you ok?" My Uncle asks as I have stopped crying. "Can I be left alone. I'm really tired." I lie but it seems he understands or believes me as he nods and walks out of the room leaving me alone. 'Why was he here? Did he feel quilty?' With that thought I close my eyes letting sleep take me.