Part 12

Trevor's POV

        Its been a month since that date night and I only have a month left before I lose the bet and trust me I don't want to lose. I see my guys at the table and I walk over to them before Kelsey heads outside. "Hows the bet going?" Sam asks me and I glare at him. "Shush would you. I don't need anyone to hear you." I tell him. "Fine. Hows it going though?" 'Slowly she hasn't even let me kiss her yet." I roll my eyes. "Maybe she has morals." Dennis spits out. "Shes just playing hard to get. You'll have her eating out of your hand soon." Luke speaks up and I nod. "Hopefully." "Well we're having a party this weekend if you want to stop by after the date with her." Sam states as he looks behind me. I look behind me and see another student Jakob. 

      "Hey loser!" Sam throws a fork at him and the kid drops his stuff. "Really!" Dennis looks annoyed at the action. "What the hells your problem lately?" I ask angrily. "My problem? My problem is that you guys are jerks." "You used to do the same shit. Don't act all high and mighty now." "Your right. But maybe playing with a girls feelings and bullying people is getting old." "Getting old?" "Yeah we're seniors. We'll be in the real world soon. What if people treat us like that huh?" He states looking at all of us. "We'll always be on top of the chain dude." Sam defends. "Whatever." Dennis gets up and leaves. 

   I grab my food and head outside to the bleachers waiting for Kelsey when I see Dennis walk outside alone. "Hey. Can we talk?" He asks me.  "Just till Kelsey gets here." "Fine." Whats really going on dude?" I ask worried since we've been friends our whole lives. "Nothing its just this shit gets old don't you agree?" He says and I look at him confused. "Old? What do you mean?" "Sam is a jerk and someday hes gonna piss the wrong person off and it won't end well and messing with Kelsey for what? A bet?" "Sam will have to learn and its Kelsey." "Exactly! Its Kelsey her Uncle is your dads boss." "How do you know that? The rest of them don't know that right?" 'No they don't. But I did research and I don't think you should continue this game." 

     "What did you learn?" I ask curious to know what he knows about Kelsey. "Not a lot just certain things that I hope aren't true." "Whatever." "Hey!" I notice Kelsey standing there. 

Kelsey's POV

    Its been about a month since the date and Trevor and I are doing well. We aren't boyfriend and girlfriend yet but we are getting there I guess. Its lunch time, I get my food and go outside and I see Trevor and Dennis sitting there waiting on me. "Hey!" I say as I walk up and I see Trevor tense. "Hey Kelsey. How are you doing?" Dennis asks me with a friendly smile and I return the gesture. "I'm good how are you?" "I'm fine." "Are you joining us today?" I ask curiously as I know him and Trevor have been fighting on and off again. "No. Not today. Have fun." He says as he grabs his bag and leaves. 

    "What was that about?" I take a seat next to Trevor. "Just guy stuff. Are you free this weekend?" He asks me. "Yeah?" "Great. Sams having a party and I was thinking me and you can swing by or whatever." He looks at me smiling. "Um." "It'll be fine. I won't let anyone mess with you." "Ok." I say as we continue our food. 

AFTER SCHOOL

       Trevor drops me off at home and I enter the house to see my Uncle Mark sitting in the kitchen looking at papers. "Hey." I say as I enter and he looks up at me covering the papers. "Hey. How was school?" He asks me as I look behind him at the papers. "Fine. Whats that?" I point to the pile. "Oh just paper work for the CEO." He laughs but I'm not convinced. "Ok. Would you like a glass of water?" "Sure." He says as I walk past and make a quick grab for the papers. "Kelsey! Put that down!" He shouts as I run upstairs with the papers and run into my room, locking the door as I hear him behind me. 

     I look at the papers and I read my name and I see something that says the name of the jail my dad is placed. There letters from him. I open one up and I start to read. 

    'When I get out you will wish you were never born when I'm done with you. I can't believe that you're my daughter. I wish you died with your mother.'

   The letter goes on and I stop as I feel tears running down my face. 

      "Your mother is dead because she tried to leave. If you were never born we would have been happy. This is all your fault." He says as he grabs me and pushes me onto the floor of the living room. "Please! Leave me alone!" I scream as tears run down my face. "Alone? Fine!" He leaves the house and I breathe a sigh of relief until the front door opens and I see his friend who is just as bad as him. "Hello sweetie." He says as he shuts the door and locks it walking towards me. "Leave me alone!" I scream running to my room and hiding. "Kelsey! Kelsey!"

   I get out of my trance when I hear my Uncles voice and I then notice hes in my room. "Uncle Mark!" I run into his arms crying and he holds me tightly. "Its ok. Hes gone and hes not coming back." He reassures me. I pull away and look at him. "Promise?" "I promise. You never have to see him again."