Part 10

The next day morning classes go by quickly and Its already third period. "So, Are you ok?" Trevor asks me. "Yeah why?" "At dinner you seemed out of it and upset." "Sorry about that, I just had alot on my mind from that day." "Well if you need someone to talk to I'm here." He smiles at me and I am scared I might fall for him. "Thanks but I'm good I talked to my uncle and grandpa about it." I say as I type onto the school computer the title of the project. "Your close to them aren't you?" His question makes me look up at him.  "I guess they are the only family I really have now." "What happened to your dad, did he leave?" 

    "He just isn't in the picture anymore." I say hoping to drop the topic of family. "Ok." We continue working on the project. "Do you want to sit with us at lunch today?" He asks me curiously. "I'm good." "Are you sure?" "Yeah. I don't really want to see certain people who are your friends." I say bitterly. He chuckles. "You mean the girls and trust me I don't want them their either." We laugh as the bell rings and he grabs his stuff walking out with his friends. 

     I enter the cafeteria grabbing my food and walking past the popular table. "Hey loner!" "Nice outfit. Where did you get it, they trash." Sam and Shelly say and I stop and turn to them. "No. I actually didn't get them from the same place that you bought that fake personalty." I say to Shelly then turn to Sam. "I rather be a loner than someone who has alot of fake friends." I say and walk away hearing the boys laugh at Sam and the girls. 

    Trevor's POV

     "No. I actually didn't get them from the same place that you bought that fake personalty.I rather be a loner than someone who has alot of fake friends." I hear Kelsey say and see her walk away as we laugh at them. "Whatever, Hows the bet coming along?" Sam asks me as the girls are busy glaring and talking about Kelsey. "Fine. I'm gonna ask her out on a date this Saturday." "Damn working fast. Think she'll go for it." Sam says. "Of course she'll go for it, I mean look at me." I say and I see Dennis rolling his eyes as he looks at me than at his phone ignoring the conversation. 

    "We have practice after school right?" Luke asks us as we head to classes. 'Yep." We enter the classroom and continue the day normally. 

   Kelsey's POV

        School has ended and I walk out the school put soon am stopped by Shelly and her friends. "What do you want now?" I ask annoyed by her presence. "I thought I told you to stay away from Trevor. Are you too stupid to do one simple thing?" She says with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face. "We have to work on a project for class. I told him I could do it by myself but he wanted to help." I don't know why I'm explaining myself to her. "Stay away from him, or else." "Or else what?" I manage to hide the smirk on my face. "or you'll regret ever being born." She threats and then walks off. 

    I enter the house and see that its empty. 'I guess I'll make chicken tonight.' I think as I walk into the chicken and the pasta noodles cooking them for dinner when the men get home. "Kelsey are you home!" I hear Uncle Mark enter the house. "In the kitchen!" I yell and a few seconds later he enters the room. "What are you making?" He looks at the oven. "I'm making chicken and then pasta to go with it." "Sounds great. I'm starving." He says with a laugh.

    I made the food now we are sitting and eating. "So how was school today?" He asks me. "Fine, Besides Shelly threatening me nothing new. How was work?" He places his fork down and looks at me. "Threatening you? Who?" "Some girl at school who likes Trevor." I take a bite out of my chicken. "Is there something going on between you and Trevor?" "No. His friends are rude and he can act like them most of the time." "Well he seemed decent at dinner Saturday." "He was, but that might be cause his parents were there."  

    "Maybe you should try to make new friends." "Uncle Mark I don't want to right now ok. Can you please just drop it." I say slightly upset and he drops the subject. The rest of dinner is quiet. "I'll be going to my room and doing homework." I say placing my dishes in the sink walking upstairs ignoring him calling after me. 

     I had changed and am doing homework on my bed when my phone dings. I see a message from Trevor. "Hey, are you busy Saturday afternoon?" "I don't know. Why?" "Well I was gonna go to the movies at I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." "Who else is gonna be there?" I text back curiously. "It'll just be the two of us everyone already saw the movie with me and I don't want to see it alone. :( " I laugh to myself looking at the message. "Fine. What time?" "I was thinking I could get you at 11 and we can get something to eat after the movie." "Sure that sounds fine to me." "Great I'll see you tomorrow." I close my phone and take a deep breathe. 'Is this a date?' I ask myself letting sleep take me. 

   Trevor's POV

     "So what did she say?" Luke asks me as we are in a zoom chat. "She said yes obviously." I say with a cheeking smirk. "What are you gonna do when this backfires on you?" Dennis asks me. "Would you stop saying that, she won't find out. Plus aren't I doing a good deed by hanging out with her?" They laugh except Dennis who looks annoyed. "Whatever, but when she does find out and she will eventually I will be there to say 'I told you so' " He says and disconnects from the call. 

    "Whats wrong with him?" I look at Luke and Sam. "Don't know we aren't close." Sam says. We all chat for a little longer than we end the call to catch some sleep.