Part 5

Kelsey's POV

   I walk through the front door and walk into the kitchen to get a glass of water. "How was the studying or whatever?" Uncle Mark asks as I turn around and see him leaning against the counter. "It was fine. Trevor's dad actually works for you. Martha his wife invited us for dinner on Saturday if we are free." I say and he nods. "Well your grandfather will be visiting this weekend, But we can still go. Whos his dad?" "Frank Slater, Hes one of the bosses I think is what he said. Grandpa is visiting really?" I ask excitedly. " Yes. I think I know who he is, nice man." "Yep. Well I'm gonna head to bed. Gotta be up early for school." "Ok. Goodnight Kels sleep tight." "I will. Goodnight Uncle Mark." I say and walk to my room doing my nightly routine. 

    The next day I wake up and eat breakfast heading straight to school after. I arrive and see Trevor with his friends laughing at another student and I roll my eyes at the sight. 'He is a jerk and here I thought he was different.' I think as I walk past avoiding eye contact with him. Homeroom and second period are fine. Third period I walk to my desk and the teacher tells us to go to our partners. "So. Did your Uncle say yes to the dinner Saturday?" He asks as he sits down. "Well He would love too," "But?" He questions. "But my grandfather is visiting this weekend and we don't want to intrude." I tell him. "Just invite him along my mother wouldn't mind. Plus then you can come by before and we can work on our project. I won't be able to after school today." He says. "I'll see and tell you later." "Are you going to the game after school?" He asks me and I shake my head. "No. Not really a sports fan." "Oh. Well let me put my number into your phone for the project." He says and I hand him my phone unlocking it. I see him punching keys and hear his phone ding. "Here. Now I have your number too." He says and hands me my phone back.  

    "So you will be doing most of the talking in the video and I will do the editing and stuff." I tell him as we pick up our stuff before the bell rings. "Alright. I'll text you later after the game for th answer about Dinner Saturday." He says as his friends show up behind him. "Dude. Are you dating the loner?" Sam asks laughing. "What No!" Trevor quickly says. "My mom wants to invite her and her family to dinner." He explains and I grab my bag. "Your mother never invited me for dinner." Shelly says sounding offended. "Thats because Martha doesn't like you Shelly." Dennis says and earns laughs from everyone. "Shut up Dennis. What are you still doing here loner." She says looking at me. "Your in my way." I state annoyed. She moves out of my way and I walk off ignoring Trevor calling my name. 

    I grab my lunch and as I'm walking to the door leading outside I pass Trevor's table. "Hey Kelsey come sit with us." I hear Trevor say. "What? Why are you inviting the loner over." I hear Shelly ask.  "Why are you being a jerk are you jealous of her or something?" Trevor says "No shes a loser. Why would I be jealous of that."  I take the moment to walk out ignoring him calling after me. I make it outside to my bench as he walks out the door getting stares as he does. "Why did you leave?" he asks as he reaches me. "I didn't want to sit with your friends." "So you rather sit with yourself?" He asks looking around. "Yep. Can you leave I'd really like to eat my food now." "Nope. You are stuck with me for lunch today." He says flashing that charming smile. "Yay me." I say sarcastically rolling my eyes. "You know if you roll your eyes so much you might find your brain." He says smirking. "Why I already know I have a brain my straight A's prove it." I say taking a bite out of the turkey and cheese sandwich I have for lunch. 

   "Damn. Staright A's really?" He asks and I nod. "I might need you to help me study then, I have a C in history and I need atleast a B." He says. "Ask for extra credit." I state and he rolls his eyes. "I don't have time for extra credit." "Can't help you. You should make time to study and you might be able to get A's or atleast B's." He shrugs. "We'll talk later about it. Your friends are walking this way." I state and he turns around to see Dennis and Luke walking towards us. "They're cool unlike Sam who can be an ass." He says as his friends sit down on the bleachers. 

   "Hey, I'm Dennis and this is Luke." Dennis puts his hand out and I shake it he smiles at me. "Nice to meet you I'm Kelsey." "We know." Luke says and he gets smacked upside the head by Dennis. "Excuse this dumbass." He says and I laugh nodding. "I never heard you laugh before." Trevor states looking at me. "Well you've only noticed me for like what 4 days or so." "Still, I think I like the sound." I blush at his statement and his friends smile at me and laugh. We all chat and laugh at funny stories about the guys trips for football until the bell rings. "Well I have to get to class. Thanks for the company at lunch." I say and grab my bag. "Wait are we gonna see you at the game?" Dennis asks me and I shake my head. "No I have to be home, plus sports aren't my thing. Good luck tho" I tell them and walk off.

   I take the bus home and enter my house and I'm immediately pulled into a bear hug. "Grandpa put me down please I can'r breathe." I tell him pretending to run out of oxygen. He puts me down. "You are so dramatic." He tells me and I roll my eyes again. "Only with you two." I tell him as my Uncle walks into the room. "Oh. Trevor said that grandpa can come with us to dinner if thats ok with you?" I say looking between Uncle Mark and my grandpa. "Whos Trevor?" My grandfather ask curiously.