Life's a drag (babysitter! Daniel Ricciardo x Troublemaker! Teen! Reader)

Summary: Daniel offers to look after his cousins daughter, who got a bad reputation for being horrible to any babysitter, even as a child. Daniel tried to let her know whose boss, but y/n is pretty determined to sneak out to a drag show...

Daniel POV

I always had a good relationship with my cousin when we were younger, so when she asked me to keep an eye on her daughter for the night, I accepted. I had nothing planned for the night and I figured it might as well bond with her as I never really looked after a child. I pulled up in front of her house, walked to her doorstep and knocked. 

My cousin Liz opened her door. "Daniel!" She said as she hugged me. I hugged her back "liz! How are you?". We broke apart as she led me inside her home "oh, nothing really. I'm so grateful you could do this: every other babysitter refused. For once in a long time me and John can have a quiet night in peace"

"Why didn't they take the job? Your kid can't be that bad" I pointed out. Liz looked at me dead in the eye "oh but she is. It's a miracle she's not trying to sneak out right now" she said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused "how old is she?". "Y/n is 16, and oh boy is she out of control" Liz explained, then she opened a drawer and pulled out a few pill containers "these are sleeping medications-" "what?!" I asked, wondering if it was a joke, but she looked a hundred percent serious. 

"Yes. It's a long story but just give it to her in some way if she gets too aggressive. Make sure she doesn't raid John's alcohol cabinet and please please please make sure she doesn't sneak out to some party or something. Last time the police brought her back and she was already passed out." My eyes widened at this load of information. Surely she was exaggerating stuff: a 16 year old couldn't be that bad. 

Liz led me up the stairs in front of a room with "keep the fuck out" signs all over the door. She knocked twice. We waited a few seconds and the door opened to reveal a normal looking teen girl. She smiled "hey mum! What's up?" She asked sweetly. "Y/n, this is my cousin Daniel. Hes gonna be looking after you for the night" Liz introduced me. "I already told you mum" y/n said more bitterly with that same smile that was beginning to look really fake "I don't need a freaking babysitter". 

"Y/n we already talked about this"- Liz didn't even finish when Y/n slammed the door in her face yelling "fuck off bitch". I looked at Liz and she became crimson red in anger "Y/n L/n! If you don't open this door right now I swear I will-" she said loudly while continuously knocking. "Shut up! I know you're too much of a pussy to do shit!" I heard her voice from behind the door. Liz sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes "I just don't know where I went wrong" she said. 

She showed me the rest of the house and then she led me back to the sitting room to give me the last instructions "she's grounded so don't let her leave her room unless she needs the toilet or water. I've left some pasta in the microwave for dinner- Are you sure you can do this?" She asked me. "Liz, don't worry, it's not a problem. You need a night off. I'll call you if anything happens."

"You're amazing" she said as she hugged me "gotta go now! John's waiting outside with the car. See You later!". I waved at her as she ran to the door, slipped outside and then closing it back. I walked up the stairs to Y/n's room and knocked. It took a few seconds and she opened it again "Hey... are you ok?" She asked me. She obviously didn't know why I was there. 

"I'm just gonna make something clear" I said sternly "I'm giving up my free night to let my cousin at lest have one night to herself and your father, so if tonight you step out of line, you're dealing with me. Your mother might be softer but I'm definitely not. You try to sneak out or something and I swear I will tell her everything, including the fact that you're planning to go to a drag show tonight"

She looked shocked "how did you?-" "you opened your door just enough to see that huge dress in the corner, you have a makeup tutorial opened on your laptop, there's makeup and a glue stick on your desk, you just took out that purple wig. Want me to go on?" I said sarcastically. She frowned and slammed her door in my face "this is none of your business!" I heard her screaming at me. "I'll be coming back to check on you every twenty minutes. If you try to leave, I'll know"

(Time skip) 

I came back to check on her every twenty minutes. The first few times I could see she was lying on her bed and I could hear her crying, then after that I only saw her sleeping in her bed. I chuckled to myself and closed her door. She probably never got actual rest, I would just wait until she woke up to eat something. 

Y/n POV

That fool! He may seem strict and tough but when it comes to outsmarting him it's really a piece of cake. I started doing my makeup after he left and always looked at the time. Every time I heard him coming upstairs I would quickly put my makeup back, jump in the bed and face the wall so that he couldn't see my makeup. It was insane I had to do all of this for a drag show.

(An: Farrah's pronouns are they/them)

I had just finished the transformation, so I put on the wig, hid my costume with a long coat and looked out my window. Just as we agreed, my friend and fellow drag queen Farrah pulled up with their car outside my window. I signalled them to be quiet as I started to climb out of the window, then I let myself fall and they caught me. We had done this over 30 times so knew what to do. 

I jumped in the seat next to the drivers spot and Farrah started driving as quietly as possible. We made sure not to make any noise until we had exited the street. "What took you so long?" I joked, knowing that they were only a couple of minutes later from last time. They laughed and replied "what took YOU so long?"

"Mum found some guy to keep me locked in that room" I explained "he seems like a nice guy, but he's trying way too hard to keep me in line.". Farrah chuckled "he must be experienced then" they pointed out, but I shook my head. "No. He really isn't. He's just my mum's cousin and apparently he's a formula one driver." I said. 

I was pushed forward when Farrah suddenly hit the breaks "what the heck Farrah?!" I yelled at them. "I love formula one! What's his name?!" They asked frantically. "His name is Daniel-" "you mean Daniel Ricciardo?!" Farrah kept interrupting me. "Yeah, him" I said. "Oh my God. Why didn't you tell me you were related?" They asked. "I didn't know until a few days ago, but honestly I don't care. Celebrity or not, that guy was trying to keep me locked in my room. He even blackmailed me cause he saw my drag queen costume"

"Yikes" they pointed out, then started driving again. No one was in the road, it was dark and rainy. "Wait, what if he catches us? There aren't many drag clubs around, and you're well known around town" Farrah raised a good point. "Uhhhhh" I thought "we'll just make a run for it and perform as drag kings". We both shrugged and Farrah said "that's a plan".

Daniel POV 

I knew something was wrong! After I checked, I closed the door and heard noises, but I didn't think anything of it, until I went back up and noticed she had put pillows under her blanket to pretend she was in bed, and the window was open. I ran to my car and started it, immediately going to the nearest club to look for Y/n. 

I went to about three clubs and every time other employees said no performers there were called y/n. I was losing hope, ready to go home and face Liz, until I noticed in the far away corner of the street there was a sign saying "rainforest club starring hyper queens and drag queens". I immediately walked in since hyper queens are female drag queens, and y/n was one of them. 

I stopped immediately when I saw someone on the small stage. She was wearing a huge wig and a lot of makeup but I was sure it was her. I watched her perform till the end, deciding to comfort her backstage, and to tell the truth, she was very good at lipsyncing and funny. When she finally exited the stage, I got up and talked to an employee, who led me to her changing room. 

The employee knocked twice "who is it?" I could hear her voice from behind the door. "It's me, Jake" the employee said "someone's here to see you". "Let then in" She answered. I opened the door and walked In. She immediately stood up and ripped off her wig "oh shit" she said. "Oh shit indeed, young lady. You're in so much trouble"

part 2?