Season or reason? (Leclerc & Hamilton x reader)

Summary: Y/n is a new driver in the season and she (they) takes a little to adjust, especially because the media is very hard on her (them) which leads her (them) to distance herself (themselves) from the other drivers. Well, until crushes developed...

A/N: how do you win an argument? Preparing to grill my ex science teacher tomorrow.

Y/N POV

Lights out and away we go. I had started from the sixth position, which honestly was not bad since this was my first season. Was I scared? Yes. But I knew I deserved to be there. Some others just had to have rich daddies to become drivers- but I started from virtually nothing. I was proud of how far I had come, yet I felt like there was so much to accomplish. My friends from FW series were hesitant to allow me to be in the male dominated sector of racing, however I had continuously proven myself over and over again. I knew they were looking out for me, not jealous: they thought I would get too hurt for it to be worth it.

Honestly I never got along with the other drivers. It's not like they weren't nice to me- they were actually super helpful when I approached them if in a pinch- it was just... awkward. I didn't know them and they didn't know me. Yes, I always had thick skin, but also the media made it its mission to make me feel left out. My sexuality was outed on tabloids, they had a "former friend" of mine give an exclusive interview about my "real" personality which led to a lot of threats on social media. But I just kept going.

I kept on zoning out, still making fairly swift turns but having intense flashbacks. The part of me that envisioned a perfect successful life was long gone. The only slither of hope I had was that I would eventually put my pride aside and become friends with the others. And I knew it was going to be hard. Especially because of that man: Charles LeClerc. Handsome was the weakest way to describe him. I cringed to myself as I reminisced the first time I spoke to him. Italy...

~ "ow! Ow! Owww!" I yelped as I started going up the stairs to my hospitality "wow I am an idiot" I mumbled to myself. I was running down the track when I slipped and twisted my ankle; nothing serious, just annoyingly painful. "Y/n! Are you ok?" I heard from behind me. I looked behind me and blushed. It was Charles- ironically I had been a fan of his for a couple of years. "Oh hi!" I said trying not to sound too excited "I'm fine, just hurt my ankle". He ran up the metal stairs to me and said "Let me help you. It looks really painful". He was right, in fact, it was a bit swollen. He helped me sit down on the steps and gently lifted my leg to get a better look at it and I couldn't help but blush slightly. "You should get this looked at..." he said breaking me out of my confused daze. "I'll wait until tomorrow to see if it's as bad. Thank you" I reassured him and got up again, him doing it with me. "Ok then let me help you" he said. ~