He knows (Daniel Ricciardo x Reader)

Summary (request): Daniel and Y/n (Lando's 21 year old sister) are secretly dating but Lando already suspects something. They don't wanna tell him because of Lando's overprotective past

Note:
- Requested by @Krissy-01
- Jamie Chadwick one shot might or might not be coming up

Y/n POV

"You do know we won't be able to hide it forever right?" I whispered in his ear as he kissed down my neck "he will find out eventually". He stopped and looked back up at me "yeah, and when he does he's gonna kill both of us. Especially me". I couldn't blame Daniel for being scared of Lando's reaction.

When I was 16 and he was 18, I had gotten into my first serious relationship with a guy from school. We both took the same History GCSE course and we started hanging out in October of Year 11. When we actually started dating in March, and oh boy, Lando wouldn't have any of it. He secretly followed me during my dates with the poor guy, had his friends look into his background and even threatened him himself.

Lando ended up scaring the boy off (and half to death). And if he reacted like that to a guy my age, I couldn't even imagine his reaction to an age gap like me and Daniel's. I was 21 and he was 33, I just knew it wouldn't end well.

We were making out in the bathroom, we had locked ourselves in. Obviously we didn't think about the possible scenarios cause next thing we knew is Lando was harshly knocking on the door "Daniel! I need to take a piss, man. You've been in there for ages". Daniel looked horrified and I signalled for him to talk otherwise he would make himself seem more suspicious "oh yeah... wait a sec... yeah I'm coming" he looked at me for help.

I hid my face in my hands. For someone who was supposed to be used to making split second decisions, he was quite literally playing with his life. "No you idiot" whispered "what if he sees us coming out together?". He pointed at a small window "go through that". I squinted to get a better look "ok I'm flattered if you think I'll even fit-" I was interrupted by Lando knocking again "please Daniel!! Otherwise I'll piss on your stuff".

Daniel pushed me towards the window "well it's either that or Lando, so pick your poison" he said as he helped me up and I put a leg through "ughh you are so not funny" I whispered aggressively at him. "I love you too. Now go" he replied before opening the door and asking Lando "would it have killed you to wait two seconds?"

——(Time Skip)——

I was sitting in the McLaren hospitality dining hall, minding my own business when I head someone cough behind me. Of course it was my rat of a brother. "Ughh what now?" I groaned and put my phone down. He sat opposite me "good morning to you too" he mumbled. We sat there for a couple of moments not saying anything when he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small cylinder object.

Shit. My lip gloss.

"How is it that I found your makeup in the men's toilet?" He asked. I stuttered for a second "uhmmm Charlotte was using the toilet and I really needed to put some lip gloss on". He eyed me suspiciously for a moment and then slowly handed it to me "you go to the toilet to apply makeup and then forget the same makeup you went to the bathroom for?" I stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say. He sighed "you're confusing Y/n. I don't know what's going on, but you better not get into trouble". I avoided eye contact "I won't".

"You're changing" he said quietly "and not for the better". I scoffed "really? I've changed? My guy, ever since you hit puberty -which is like a year ago cause you still look like a child- you've just been all over the numbers. Even the fans pointed it out" "for your information, I went through puberty many years ago and numbers break you or make you in this industry".

I laughed out of disbelief "you're a dickhead". He shook his head and stood up "keep telling yourself that. One day you might actually believe it".

When he walked away, I texted Daniel.