Pt 1 [Horror AU] St Carta (Multiple drivers x Reader)

Summary: this is the first part of a small series inspired by The Nun. Y/n and her new friend Charles venture into the abbey of St Carta in a desperate attempt to locate her sister who months before had left abruptly and had not even tried to contact her family in that time.

A/N: I don't know how well this will do- I don't know if it will even be "scary" honestly. The idea just popped in my head.

Year 1952

Y/n POV

"Are you sure you're up for this?" I asked Charles, unlike him strolling at a consistent pace towards the abbey. The shotgun he was holding towards the ground was still strained under his tight grip on the handle, his finger cautiously brushing the trigger. He told me the safety was on because he didn't expect anything to show up, but I knew it was because he was so jumpy he'd be firing shots into the woods at the drop of a leaf. "As I told you, I'm not letting you go in there by yourself" he answered, he was faking being unfazed- I detected a slight crack in his voice.

My sister was in there. She had gone months with no letters, telegrams or even a word from her convent. She had been sent to Romania for a "religious re-evaluation" after she was left traumatised by "an accident". She never spoke of what actually happened, she only told me she had to leave, to say hi to mum and left. I finally decided enough was enough, and went to look for her. I met Charles on the way, and because he knew of the abbey he offered to take me there. Compared to me, he seemed way too trusting of the local legends. If my sister had been sent to St Carta, it must've been a safe place of worship... right?

"There's no shame in turning back. I can handle myself" I told him. "You must have a death wish. Stupid girl" he mumbled. "Hey. I heard that" I replied, not really even registering the conversation. There was only one thing in my mind, Elena.

We had been walking for several minutes, the forested seemingly getting thicker and darker at every step. This abbey sure was isolated. "Maybe you should face it. If she hasn't even tried to contact you-" "don't even say that" I interrupted him "I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this". His gaze went from me to suddenly staring behind me "explain that then".

I turned around, only to be met with the most chilling view ever. Crosses, lots of wooden crosses stuck on the ground, uneven rows and no names, almost as if the souls of the deceased were too far gone to even be remembered. What was left of them was what made them blend in with the rest, the meaning of their lives placed on two pieces of wood stuck together. And just behind that cemetery, beyond the fog and the last barrier of trees, there was the abbey. It was large, very large. It was said it had belonged to a Duke, but the church had seized the grounds- no catholic would willingly step in such place unless there was a dire need. Elena was in dire need apparently.