The dirty word (Luisinha Oliviera x reader)

Summary: y/n used to be best friends with Lando Norris, but just before she was about to come out to him, she had to change teams and they fell out. However they still are friends and Lando introduces Luisinha to Y/n, but little did he know that he would start a fiasco...

Warning: homophobia (lesbiphobia), mentions of d slur, cheating

Note: now that I'm out as a lesbian (if you're confused read Rules chapter) on here it was confirmed that you guys wanna see also WLW content and I can't wait to write more. I incorporated my experience here as well with the lesbiphobia I have gone through.

Y/n POV

I was a piece of shit. I just knew it.

After I fell out with Lando Norris who used to be my best friend when we were teammates, I decided to avoid getting too attached to Alex, my new one. Otherwise I would get more hurt when we also eventually would part ways, and dealing with my lost friendship with Lando hurt me. One day he just went cold on me, and I always asked him why, if I did anything wrong, but he just would say "personal matters".

I later found out that he got a girlfriend. He introduced me to her before they went public, and that was the day when I fell in love. I didn't believe love at first sight, especially because I didn't believe love in general was a thing.

But it happened, I got a crush on his girlfriend, Luisinha. She was probably (if not) one of the most beautiful women I laid my eyes upon. But it was wrong for me to go after a taken woman, I already knew that, but there was something about her pure soul that made me want to protect her. She was so sweet and kind, I was afraid Lando would shut her out like he shut me out so suddenly. Was I a good person or was I just making excuses for myself?

I am a lesbian, but I was too scared to come out to anyone. I first realised when I was 17, which is usually the standard age to discover your sexuality. I was actually about to come out to Lando before the whole falling out thing, and it became a burden. I grew up around some people that would constantly say that lesbian was a dirty word, and being one was unpure and unfaithful to my family.

I got up from my bed and walked out, with tear stained eyes. If I knew anyone who would help me, even he would be hesitant. But it was worth a try.

"Daniel" I knocked on his door "Daniel please open up!". He opened the door and looked down at me in worry. I had just been crying my eyes out. My crush on Lui fully sent me into a crisis. Me and Daniel were not that close but even he saw me he pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry to bother you" I said as I sobbed on him "I don't know what to do". He helped me inside his hospitality and sat me down on his couch.

"Take a deep breath" he said "and explain everything, from the beginning". I tried my best to compose myself and ended up just sniffing as I told him everything. Including the fact that I was a lesbian. He honestly didn't seem too shocked, but he hugged me again and gave me a long speech about being honoured I trusted him enough to tell him that and it was a great thing that I realised who I was.

"It's just" I sighed "me and him used to be very close friends. When he suddenly started shutting me out it broke my heart. And now I'm scared that's he's gonna do it to her". Daniel nodded. I think he knew about our falling out, because it was already pretty obvious. There were YouTube compilations about us being the most loved duo on the grid, and suddenly new clips stopped appearing, so the fans probably knew as well.

"Here's the deal" says Daniel "they only recently came out in the public eye. They're literally the spotlight couple right now, both because she's pretty and a lot of teens love Lando. And if anything were to happen, one cryptic post from Lando can send a wave of hate to you and maybe her. So you just gotta be smart about this". I knew he was right. "The thing is that even though we fell out, I still have love for him. I feel like a piece of shit when I even look at her". He nodded and allowed me to continue.

"A lot of people, even in my own community, refer to lesbians like me as predators who go after straight girls. I'm so scared to follow that stereotype cause deep down I know it's not true" I kinda ranted. I think he understood the position I was in, because he reassured me "you don't know if she's straight, she never publicly stated her sexuality. But also I'm not going to lie to you- there's a very high chance she's not into women. I'm sorry".

——(Time Skip)—— months later

Luisinha POV

"How dare you cheat on me??!" I yelled at Lando, holding his phone with a bunch of texts to another Instagram model "how dare you make me the fool?!". He groaned and said "it's just a couple of texts. Deal with it. I talk to fans all the time". "No you don't! And even if you did, you don't send winks and kissy faces to them after they send you pictures" I said. "That was a private conversation you aren't even supposed to see it" he responded.

"I thought you actually loved me" I sobbed, he obviously not looking sympathetic at all "I thought the hardest thing about our relationship was going to be the fans. But the fans clearly aren't the problem". He scoffed and took a step closer "you wanna talk about the problem? Let's talk about Y/n" "what about her?" "I've seen the way she looks at you, and the way you look at her".

I went quiet. Shit, he knew. He knew about my feelings for her "you like her don't you?" I stayed quiet "don't you?" He said louder. "Yes i do!!" I finally blurted all of it out. We were quiet for several moments when I heard knocking on the door. And her voice.

Y/n POV

I decided to finally talk to Lando about our friendship. Maybe if I got closer to the couple my feelings would go away? Honestly the last months did not change, actually they got worse. That woman was the drug, and I was the 19 year old at a college party who was gonna get high for the fifth time in the night.

I went up the steps of his hospitality, gently knocking. "Lando please let me talk to you" I shouted before I even got a response "I don't know what I did to you but please let me fix it". Suddenly the door opened and I was met with soft brown eyes that sweetly stared into mine. Tanned skin, soft hair and beautiful plump lips. It was her. My breath got stuck on my throat for a second before I registered what was happening I noticed she had tear stained eyes and Lando in the middle of the room was furiously looking at the both of us. They had been fighting.

"I'm so sorry I'll go-" I was about to say but Luisinha stopped me. "No it's fine. I'll go" her voice was cracking, she was about to cry. She walked past me with her hands covering her face, and I gave a death stare to Lando "well go after her you idiot" I yelled at him. He seemed to be angry at me too, but I had a feeling my interruption was for the best. He didn't move obviously not too interested in stopping her "motherfucker" I said to myself as i ran down the steps and after her.

"Lui Wait!" I shouted after her. She stopped and turned around to look at me, we were at about the same height so we exchanged eye contact again. "I don't know what was happening but don't make any decisions-" I started talking to her but before I could say anything, she grabbed my face and kissed me. I froze immediately. My brain turned to mush, and i just stayed there like an idiot. She pulled out and touched my cheek, before looking behind me and saying "that's how it feels. We're over Lando".

I turned around and sure enough Lando was watching us.

Now I was the one with tears going down my face. I was so confused, tired and upset. Was it a real kiss or was it just to upset him? Speaking of which, Lando wasn't a homophobic person but I was pretty sure he was gonna call me the d slur. But he just ran a hand through his hair and went back inside, leaving only the two of us.

She looked back at me and wiped my tears away. "I knew" she said "I knew for a long time. And I think you did too". I nodded, trying not to fall to the floor in disbelief, I was literally speechless. "I just hope no one else saw" I said quietly "I'm not out yet, I don't know how the fans would react". She took my hand in hers, and i looked down. I had tough, scarred hands while she had perfectly manicured nails and soft feminine hands.

"I'm so scared. Lando's not going to take it well" I continued before she shushed me by placing her delicate finger on my chapped bottom lip. "Him later" she whispered "us now".