Chapter 25- Angelica

Start from the beginning

The imposter lowered their sword.
"Celeste, this is Angelica, " Jack introduced removing her hat with his sword. I shot Jack a look and slowly removed my sword from her neck.

"I am touched by this sincerest form of flattery but... Why?" Jack questioned.

"You were the only pirate I thought I could pass for, " she explained.

"That is not a compliment."

"No, and I don't think it was intended to be Jack, " I commented.

"Don't worry I've already forgiven him, " Angelica said.

"Oh, what did the great Jack Sparrow do now?" I smirked as shot me a playful scowl.

"I left her."

"I recall I left you, " she snapped.

So this was another one of Jacks relationships gone wrong. It was times like this that made me wonder what I had really gotten myself into by marrying Jack.

"A gentleman always allows a lady to maintain her fictions."

"And since when were you a gentleman Jackie?"

"Since always, " He defended. "Why are you taking her side aren't you supposed to take mine?" He asked me.

"I am, don't worry."

Angelica looked between us a little suspiciously before changing the subject to the fountain of youth. The conversation didn't get particularly far for the man from outside came in.

"Milady! I see unseamenlike fellows of an official-looking nature!" He called.

"Well that can't be good, " I huffed drawing my sword.

"Who are you exactly?"

"Celeste Jones, " I introduced. Given Angelica's anger towards Jack I decided telling her I was married to him would not exactly be the best idea right now.

"Jones?" Jack exclaimed. I glared at him hoping he would not question it further. Thankfully it worked.

The soldiers crashed against the door that the man had piled almost everything around him against.

"Friends of yours?" Angelica questioned.

"I may have slighted some King or another, " Jack said carelessly.

"Oh yeah just the bloody king of England not much to worry about at all, " I rolled my eyes before training them on the door which was beginning to shake a little from the soldiers barging at the door.

"You really haven't change Jack."

"Implying the need?" Jack replied.

"You betrayed me. You seduced me and you used me. I was innocent in the ways of men, " she snapped angrily.

"You demonstrated a lot of technique for someone I supposedly corrupted, " Jack argued.

I rolled my eyes as Jack pulled me behind a wooden beam out of sight.

"I was ready to take my vows and you- What were you doing in a Spanish convent anyway!"
Even I looked at Jack for an answer to this.

"Mistook it for a brothel. Honest mistake, "

Finally, a guard crashed through the door with a yell and was sent flying over the things piled in front of it. Then more men followed in afterwards charging around brandishing their swords and guns. I came out from behind Jack and crashed into the first guard I came across slashing my sword across his arm causing him to drop his own weapon. I noticed Jack had also finally peeled away from the wall and joined the fight. Another door crashed open and more guards flooded in toppling over each other comically. I would've laughed if it weren't for the fact is as still trying to deal with two men who I knocked on the floor straight after.

"We're at a disadvantage!" Angelica called.

"Speak for yourself! Unlike some who pretend to be, that cannot hold a candle to, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, " Jack declared slicing through a barrel and ale came barreling out.

"Forever the theatric, " I japed mimicking Jack's actions.

This time I did laugh as the guards slipped over in the river of alcohol. I noticed Jack poking a barrel and then drinking the wine that flowed out. I pushed him aside to drink some myself only to be shoved away by Angelica. The nerve of some people.

I glanced around and noticed our rather precious position.

"Well..." I trailed off as Jack pulled me downwards leaving Angelica to strike a lever sending us plummeting into icy waters.

I swam ashore and helped Jack up. Whilst the other two shared a conversation and attempted to dry off. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the water moving it out of my clothes and back into the water. I felt myself warm up a little bit now being dry.
Then before I could do anything I felt a sharp prick in my neck and the darkened world faded.