Chapter Ten- Heartless

"Wh-Who are you with?"

Ben didn't respond but I saw him wink at someone behind him, it looked absolutely creepy to see his eyes so for that split second where I couldn't I regathered my breath.

The camera spun around and there was a lake, and my friends were all bunched up around it, chatting to eachother.

I remember being invited, I'd declined...now I feel like I shouldn't of.

Panicking, loads of scenarios began getting tangled in my head reeling around like intrusive thoughts, they probably were. But, why would you call me up to show my friends at a lake where I was supposed to be. Was this because I didn't show up? Why is Ben alive, he drowned last summer?

Ghosts don't exist.

Gulping, I decided to speak yet again he just really looked...disturbing, "What are you doing?"

Splash!

The camera and him dove underwater, and he placed himself at the bottom of the lake resting the phone against some rock, phones aren't waterproof, the hell is going on.

Suddenly, the water erupted again...they've all begun swimming in the lake. No...he's not going to..

Flicking the call to the top right corner I tried to find a way to contact the police, I can't let them get hurt by the wicked evil thing and whoever his friend is. What if Ben killed the Woods...and Jeff had ran? No, they had Jeffs face. It's all so confusing.

The phones faded into static and the facetime was put back onto full screen, and I couldn't end or leave the call, he'd hacked my phone somehow. He was always a nerd.

A quiet giggle was heard before he reached out his hand and dragged two of my friends down under the water, holding them down.

It was traumatising.

"GET AWAY FROM THEM! BEN STOP!"

I began wailing about, and pacing about in the room I couldn't tell mum my friends were being murdered on the phone they'd call me insane and send me to a mental hospital. Even though they're nothing like the movies, I just hated hospitals.

"Somethings in the water...wait that was in the newspapers, right?"

Shaking my head, I turned my head back to the screen Ben had drowned them...infact I just saw Lily suffocate before he'd stood back, grinning sadistically.

"Take a look. . ." He laughed like a Cheshire Cat smirk stretching to an inhuman size.

I did as I was told; there were about a dozen of them all pale, eyes wide open rolled upwards and red with agitation not to mention that their mouths were wide open blood pouring out. It looked like a horror movie, bodies at the bottom of the lake and some weird siren wannabe projecting it in front of me. I'd prayed this was a prank or something but...they hadn't moved for minutes.

I just pieced my eyes to the screen, whelming up with tears, yeah I've beaten people to some rather gorey extents but that was the icing on the cake, at least for him. The movies really didn't make it as dramatic as it felt, it was like someone had plunged all you had left out, I relied on them in order to feel sane and they'd been ripped away and thrown at the bottom of the ocean.

"W..wh..what have you done?"

He grinned turning his head to the side in a irksome position, "You shouldn't of done that."

"Shouldn't of done what-"

"You shouldn't hurt my friends, Sullivan. Now I've hurt yours."

This is about the fight with Liu...or did he think I set Jeff on fire. This isn't packback, right?

Shivering, I looked away from the phone but he never shifted the view away, "Would you like to meet my friend?"

I hesitantly nodded, nothing worse can happen than what I've just witnessed anyways, "Sure..."

"He's behind you."

The fuck.

Spinning around I screeched on the top of my lungs, Jeff.

He had burn marks on the sides of his face; a few patted red and pink scorched scars but the rest of his skin was a pale white like snow coated in blood from some carved Chelsea Grin dug in to his cheeks. I could see the cheek bone poking through the side it made me feel sick to my stomach. His crystal blue eyes had somehow lightened to the point where from a distance you could only see a singular black marble in his socket but the blue was lighter than before. His eyelids were black and burnt like he'd tried to burn them off.

Almost exactly like the wanted posters, "J-Jeff..."

Slowly he came forward knife shimmering in the light, spinning around in his hand; twirling. Blood dripping onto the floor.

"Did..did you get mum?" I whispered voice cracking.

"No, of course not Sullivan...why she hasn't been a liar has she?"

Jeffs voice was hoarse and raspy crippled almost. At least he hadn't got mu- wait no...I'm not going to die here.

"You're going to kill me, aren't you?"

Lifting my chin up with his blade, the tip dug into my skin piercing it beads of my own blood stinging as it coated the blade, "Normally I make people beautiful but maybe you're an exception."

The hell does he me-

Slice.

He slit open my throat. Blood begun gushing down and I became unable to speak as I crawled backwards towards to the door hoping mother would come in and help even if it would break her to see me in pain.

Slash.

He cut down the center of my stomach, a deep thick cut being thin as it was I felt it roll down my ribs and it was just I couldn't face the agony, I felt like switching my body off somehow just to end it quicker.

Jeff stabbed into me like he was chopping an apple into those little shapes you'd feed to children, crunching and cutting me every angle stung and throbbed I couldn't describe it. I just wanted it to end.

"Go to sleep"

The last thing I remember is him reaching into my chest and pulling something out, my heart.

Guess I'm always going to be heartless.