Chapter Five- Awkward Visit

Per usual, Randy found us a way to get off of school he always had an excuse.

But by the time we got home, we knew something wasn't right mum hadn't opened the windows like she'd normally would. Yeah, I know it's nothing but she'd always have them open.

I quickly dashed to the door and knocked on it loudly, "Mum?!"

For some reason the door was open and once we'd got inside I automatically wanted to sink into the floor; the Woods family were inside.

"What the hell!?" I yelled angrily, why did she invite them inside? I knew she'd worked for Peter Woods but why did she invite all of them!?

Mother sympathetically looked up at me and Randy, but Randy'd found this annoying enough that he'd just stood by the door glaring.

"Mr Woods needed to have a word about my work and I decided you two should get to know their sons, so I invited them all around for dinner."

I wanted to explode with the fury that was bubbling in me but I can't get angry at mum, she doesn't know what goes on at school, does she?

"Why don't you four go socialise while I talk to Mr and Mrs Woods?"

Randy nodded mumbling to himself before dragging me across the hall to our room, I didn't even bother to talk to Jeff or Liu I just watched them as they awkwardly followed us.

Dinner with the outcast and the emotional boy, what fun!

I plopped myself onto my bed and immediately started scrolling on my phone and so did Randy.

"We didn't want to be here either." Liu sighed to himself just standing at the door with Jeff hiding behind him.

"Mhm for once we agree, Lucy." I growled, "Sit on the carpet or something the wifi code's on the desk."

Randy snickered to himself, probably at how blunt I was with them.

Liu didn't budge but Jeff did he carefully pushed past his older brother and sat down fiddling with his nails, "Me and Liu actually don't have phones."

I looked at the pair of them in disbelief, "Your family is rich compared to us! You must have a phone."

Randy nodded before barging into the conversation, "I swear I've seen you lot walking around with a phone before."

"Parent's bought us cheap ones that we can only use when in public, they don't really care about that sort of thing." Liu explained before kneeling next to his brother and fixing his collar as they'd both worn some formal outfit.

I rolled my eyes not believing a word they'd speak anyway, "Well, I don't really want you to be here can't you just leave? You're presence is distracting."

Randy cackled to himself, he found all this amusing since he was a good few months older than all of us.

Liu didn't reply though, he just looked down hugging his shoulders but he did whisper I wish I could under his breath. Being his pitiful self wrapped up in his own dark fantasy.

And Jeff had pulled out a little switchblade and started playing about with it to pass the time, who carries a swi- nevermind.

Soon enough my brother piped in to start something off, "Aye, Sul' Dan's found a riffle in his dads shoebox."

I froze, "What...Why does he have that!?"

He grinned, "Just in case."

That made me a bit uneasy but not as much as Jeff clearly was he looked like he was traumatised by hearing that, wonder why.

Liu hastily started a small inaudible conversation with Jeff trying to calm his nerves. Got to admit they looked childish but it reminded me so much of me and Randy when we were younger. Randy seemed to grow apart very subtly more wrapped in his social life.

"Yo' Woods. Why don't you be more confident? You have no reason to be a downer."

The pair of them looked at eachother as if to say 'really?' Before Jeff spoke up, "Why don't you calm the fuck down sometimes?"

"Jeffery! Language." Liu warned through gritted teeth paranoiacally spying thorough the door at the living room where their parents were.

I grinned like a Cheshire Cat, "Calm down? I mean come on all you do is get into arguments and leave Lucy to deal with it."

(Yes. Lucy is a nickname I gave 'im I used to call Jeff Jennifer but he wasn't fazed by it.)

"But you go around looking for a fight, Sullivan." Liu barked back rather annoyed at my remark I gave to Jeff.

I paused for a moment, "You go to martial arts. You practice fighting, yet you're still a weak little kid."

Liu jumped up frowning down at me crossing his arms, "Weak? I'm anything but weak."

Randy gestured me to stand up, "Go on, I'm sure he'll be cowering back on the first hit anyway."

Jeff pleaded Liu to sit back down, but he didn't.

I gripped him by his collar (they'd both wore a suit looking outfit just without the tie and blazer probably their parents choice) and pushed him up against the wall.

"You're not getting anywhere with this, Lucy give up." I warned laughing obnoxiously at the emotionless stare he was preforming like some poorly paid actor.

"Giving up isn't part of my morals, I'm just surprised that you're staring a fight in your own home."

Shit...mum.

I processed this request before it clicked that I'd be a let down if I did so resulting in me chucking him down onto the carpet, and that fucking brat laughed at me.

"All bullies are the same they're cowards at home, you only hurt people like you." He grumbled to himself in a proud way almost.

I kicked him in the stomach before snarling and returning next to Randy; who seemed more indignant than I was expecting, even though Liu visibly looked sick after the blow to the stomach it didn't satisfy my brother. He'd always loved blood, so he'd anticipated more than an intimidation.

"Don't bother Sully, they're perfect with their little pampered family. They don't get the lower classes of society. They are in a daydream and need to snap out of it."

If I wanted to lie I'd say that we are a pretty well built family but honestly if the Woods ever fired mum...we'd be screwed. I'm pretty sure we'd have to sign up to some type of benefit money or even worse we'd be on the streets. I think I've heard mum talking to grandma about getting another job on top of this before...lucky brats living with luxury.

"Boys?"

We all snapped our head up in unison, thankfully Liu had sat up properly, and mum was there she'd made some type of toast, which was probably because we were due to get another shop in soon. And we'd accepted it gratefully.

"Call us if you need anything!" Mum cheerfully chirped before clicking the door shut and reassuring the parents in the living room their kids were alright.

God, I wish I'd knocked him out on the spot. Now I'm sat with him for the rest of the night.