Chapter Two- High School Sucks

Before I go into this, I know that I was very gullible back then so I really don't give a fuck if you know they were lying to me.

"So, did he just randomly insult you?" I asked leaning against the back of the wall around the back of the school, you'd often find the kids smoking around here. Like Randy.

"Yeah, don't know what's wrong with him. I was just saying he shouldn't be so sorry for himself walking around like his head's glued to the floor." Sasha replied scoffing.

Ah, Liu Woods D'you know him? Oh and his pathetic little brother Jeffery? Bunch of wimps really, pity they don't grow up a bit.

I honestly despised them and I mainly targeted Liu I just hated him in general. I could walk around saying I hate life god I have more reasons to do so! But, I have a fucking heart and know not to god damn act so childish.

"Alright, don't worry I'll show 'im." I grinned spotting him out the corner of my eye, cracking my knuckles, "He shouldn't be such a prick."

"Thanks geez what a weirdo." Sasha laughed as the others that seemed to have turned up out nowhere cackled in unison.

"Randy?" I yelled trying to grab his attention as he was way to involved in his girlfriend (if you didn't know it was Gracie, they had opposite personalities so it wasn't a good match.)

"One minute love, what is is bro'?" Randy asked turning his head to face me.

"Liu's being a prick again, wanna' teach 'im a lesson after school?"

Randy smirked, "You're really my double, aren't you?"

Rolling my eyes I nodded, "Whatever you say, freckles."

I ended up grabbing my headphones and slipping them on, I don't know why but when I was younger I was that kid who had to listen to covers of popular songs and not the originals.

Obviously in present time I'm more of a rock person but eh.

It's so easy just to get lost in the crowd, I've always been a popular kid, well known and rather feared like my big brother. And being a teen I was definitely rebellious.

Then per usual I got a mischievous idea and grabbed my brothers shirt and dragged him around the corner so I could speak privately.

"What if we sabotage his assignment or something?" I asked crossing my arms, "All that kid cares about is his grades."

Randy grinned and got the gist of it, "How're we supposed to do that, smart guy?"

I pulled out the answer sheet from the maths homework, "I can simply hand this in and put his name on the top then the teacher will put him in detention or some shit and we can actually go home on time."

My brother thought about this, "Well, how are we going to do-"

"Hey, Mrs Lovett, I found Liu's homework on the floor!" I held in a giggle as I handed it over to the teacher, who was passing by ready to ring the to signal that break has finished.

Then I approached my brother again a massive smirk on my face, "Like that."

Randy laughed and high fived me before we both headed back around the corner to indulge in the others again.

-------------

You see, I didn't know what the Woods family life was like and like hell did I care well what happened after school didn't help either.

"Hey!" A clearly angry teen, who definitely had just hit puberty or something unless he was genuinely pissed off at me, not uncommon though.

Turning around I was face to face with Jeff, Liu's younger brother. Funny really. How Liu didn't come to me himself.

"What is it crybaby, I have a place to be!?"

Jeff gave me a vicious glare as he strode towards me, "You fucking got Liu in detention! Our parents will murder us for being late home!"

I raised an eyebrow, "Your parents? Hurt you? Pfft, little perfect family on Rosemberry avenue wouldn't hurt a fly."

The blue eyed boy looked a bit distraught and disgusted at my comment, had to admit that caught me off guard.

"I'm warning you, Sullivan." He grumbled to himself before running to the front of the school, probably to wait for his pathetic sibling.

Still, warning me? Not like I felt threatened but I was always on edge, the amount of people I've fought with...not surprised if someone was plotting my death.

Sighing I put on my oxblood beanie and swung my grey backpack over my shoulder heading back home, hopefully catching up with Randy on the way home. I was in to much of a daze to think straight.

I'm going to tell you something you won't really believe but I think everyone deals with this even 'bullies' like me: we all have that little voice in the back of our heads that disagree with everything we do.

Infact that's our consciousness learnt it in psychology class, I went to those optionally to try and help my brother out I also went to therapy classes. Luckily, no one I knew well was in there.

We all have a conscience just I don't think about it often, I only get like this on my own. The fear of being watched...I always used to get scared that someone would open my bedroom door at night so I barricade it shut with the corner of my bed.

"Sully!" Randy chirped pulling of my hat to grab my attention.

"Oh, hey Randy. Aren't you going 'round Gracies, I was supposed to tell mum you had an after school club so you-"

"Canceled on me again."

Puffing out an agitated load of breath I slowed down to match my brothers pace. I didn't know what to say...I knew she was toxic anyways.

I knew she'd cheated a few times on him and he did too...she said she was polyamorous and Randy let her off with it, I honestly really wanted to vomit whenever I saw her. She disgusted me.

To shorten it, I'm not against polyamorous people but she was homophobic so hell would she be in the LGBTQ+ community. Plus, I'm pansexual why would I even get mad.

"Well, let's get an early night Randy we have tests tomorrow."

"Sure...nerd."

Rolling my eyes I pushed him into a nearby bush, "Oh shut up will you!"

Randy smirked and began chasing me down the road, just like we used to when we were younger.

"I'll get you for that!"

Grinning I sped up forcing out some sort of wicked laughter, "Sure you will big guy!"