Chapter Six- Downgrade

(I rewrote this hundreds of times I swear-)

"I still hate you guys, you're lucky I didn't beat you to a bloody pulp." I growled pushing the food to the side, it's way to weird to eat infront of other people, at least that's my opinion.

"But you didn't and let's keep it that way." Jeff snapped at me gritting his teeth together, glaring at me like I'd just killed someone.

I smirked, "Would you like me to?"

Liu grunted to himself in almost pure hatred, "Can you leave Jeff alone?"

Shaking my head, I swore my grin couldn't get much wider than it already had, "I mean I could easily drag you out the window and finish you off out there, say you fell out, jumped even?"

Liu looked disturbed and shuffled backwards edging towards the door, I knew he was just nervous per usual.

"Look at 'im scared, is he?" Randy chipped in chucking to himself as he examined the two teens on the floor like some test subjects, somehow my brother always managed to disturb me..but I loved him nevertheless.

"I'm not scared." He mumbled scratching his arm as he glanced to check at Jeff, who seemed alright enough. Apparently, Jeff had went to the hospital for some reason a year ago and he's became sensitive about everything, like I'd believe that.

Rolling my eyes I pieced together a taunting response, "Sure you ain't, you only have two emotions; self pity and anger."

He wasn't impressed at me but he refrained from retaliating, he kept looking out the door like he was fearful of the outside, "Don't get us in any trouble..."

I raised an curious eyebrow, "Why not? I enjoy doing this, rather fun in my opinion."

Liu eyed me waspishly fury boiling in his emerald eyes not a pretty sight honestly, "Fun?! I'll get murdered if they find me fighting!"

Smiling like mad man I remembered what Jeff said the other day, "Like you got murdered for not doing your homework properly?".

"You...you did that."

I nodded leaning against Randy's shoulder as he typed on his phone, probably texting someone, "Got a problem, Lucy?"

"YES I HAVE A PROB-" He stopped yelling after hearing a shuffle in the living room before repeating himself quietly, "Yes, I have a problem, my dad was pissed not to mention my disappointed mother."

"Well, at least you have a fucking father!" My voice was bitter and narky, I'd had enough of his repeating lies.

Liu sighed looking at Jeff pitifully, "Our parents are way to wrapped up in their career to care about us, not to mention that they're homophobic."

Randy raised his head up from his phone confused, "But, your family is fine. Aren't you just lying for-"

"Liu is not lying!" Jeff acknowledged our confusion but didn't explain further.

I frowned, "Well, that's fucked up, our mother's Bisexual as it is."

The two brothers looked at eachother in triumph, "So, you aren't mr perfect either?"

I groaned, "I never said that, freak."

Liu sat up, "Is there a bathroom near?"

Randy nodded before I could make a sarcastic comment and pointed down the hall before he left shutting the door slowly, leaving Jeff with us two.

I felt tiredness weighing on me, great job I'm bored.

"So...Sul' the group chat is really active today, they're talking about the new girl."

"Valley?" I asked receiving a tiny nod, "Oh she's quiet, anyways."

Jeff butted into the conversation, "She wouldn't appreciate you all talking behind her back, though."

I rolled my eyes laughing, "Not like you even know who we're talking about."

"I do, actually. Liu and her got along nicely anyways, we introduced her to the the art club and she accepted it."

How the fuc- I'm not even going to ask.

Randy ruffled my hair to grab my attention, "You're getting rowdy, dude I can see it in your face, calm down."

"I'm fine, shut up." I mumbled rubbing my eyes, exhausted as I frequently am around this time- 4:30- then I'll wake up one way or another.

Jeff seemed to have lost every sense of shy behaviour without Liu around, "Ashame you're so interested in your social lives and not on your attitude."

"Who put a twenty pence in you? Fuck off." I snarled both confident and exasperated.

My brother had to respond even if it wasn't aimed directly at him, "Ashame you're so interested in your attitude and not your social life."

This is going nowhere.

Almost as sudden as the silence hit, it broke again, coming from the living room this time. So, I crept near the door and peeked around near the main room.

"You handed your work in late, Miss Harrison."

"I know...I had to sort something out."

"That isn't a good excuse."

Then I saw Liu exit the bathroom looking agitated by his father clearly, "Leave her alone, dad, she's handed it in hasn't she?"

Mr Woods wasn't impressed and he seemed to literally look down at his son like another one of his colleagues, "You're not involved with this, why aren't you with your brother?"

He sighed before walking away, "Sorry...father."

Knowing he was approaching the door I clambered back onto the bed slipping into a comfortable position hoping he hadn't noticed me spying thorough the slit in the door.

He did look hurt by his father's words but furious at the same time as he slammed the door, in to much of a frenzy to care about anything else.

"I think your mothers getting demoted." Liu finally breathed out.

"One. The fuck does that mean? Two. Why do you care all of a sudden, weirdo."

"It means she's losing her job rank probably some type of wage decrease and I don't. I think you deserve it for being an idiot all the time but I just don't like my dad."

How can he even say that. That's it. I've had enough.

I pushed myself onto my feet feeling livid, "You have a father! I grew up without one! Ever thought about that!"

Liu groaned irked before advancing towards me lowering himself down a few inches to be level with me, "You assume things too much."

As if his existence hadn't estranged me enough he had to antagonize me. Knowing things couldn't get much worse, I decided to finalise our little skirmishes and duel this off.

"Alright, Woods. Why don't we take this outside? End this little rivalry?"

Jeff pulled Liu back towards himself defensively, "Come on Liu...not now."

"It's on."