2 Chapter 6: Break.

Damian and Raven spent the past few days finding a solution for the problem, night and day, they read.

They would only have breaks when the other would need to go to the bathroom or eat. They can't stop working, they couldn't. Their relationship was hanging on the line here.

Raven was happy with Damian, she loved him. But knowing that her father can use her love as a weapon to his escape, she dosen't know what to do anymore.

What happens if it gets to the point that we would need to break up? I don't want that to happen. I need to find a solution, but what if it does get out of hand? What can I do?

She was so lost in thoughts that she didn't hear Damian calling her name.

"Raven!" He screamed louder, hoping to get her attention. The said girl breaks her train of thoughts and faces the boy wonder with a shocked face.

"Wha-what?" She asked, not knowing what's going on.

"You got distracted there for a second, what's wrong?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Oh, it's nothing." She lied, she didn't want to give him more stress.

She looked back to the pile of books on the floor beside them. She grabbed another book then started ransacking through the pages.

After a few hours more of reading, Damian grew tired.

"Umm beloved." He said setting the book down the floor. Raven looks at him, "Yeah, what?".

"I think we should take a break." He suggested, she sighs, she knew that they both needed one.

"I think we should too." She said putting her book on the floor and looking at the mess they made over the last few hours.

"Good, what do you want to do?" He asks.

"I don't know, suprise me." She said with a smile, he smiles back. He helps fixes the books and put them in their respective places on the shelves.

After they cleaned everything, Raven made sure every book was on their places. She was very organized when it came to her books.

After she checked her books she faced her boyfriend that was smiling at her. "What now?" She asks, she knows he doesn't smile for no reason.

"You're just very organized when it comes to books, aren't you?" He asks as a joke.

She giggles while shaking her head at the joke then pecks his lips with her own. She was about to pull away when the Robin wrapped his arm around her waist to stop her.

They kiss for a few minutes before parting for air.

"How about a snack?" He suggests, "Its 11 PM, Damian." She tells him.

"So late night snack then." He says with a grin.

She gives in, "Fine.", his grins grow bigger then pecks her cheeck before running to leave the room.

Raven just gave a light chuckle on how adorable he was.

She just let herself fall on her bed, she just drifts off to the thought of her father breaking his chains because of Damian. She thought of a fiery world, a world that was destroyed because of Trigon.

She thinks of her father until she drifts into sleep.

She woke up because of a knock on her door. She gets off her bed and to her feet then walked to open the door.

Once she opened the door she saw Damian holding a tray with waffles and tea for the both of them.

Damian noticed her slight bed hair and instantly knew she was asleep.

"I'm sorry for waking you up, Raven." He apologized, Raven gave a small smile in response.

He walked in her room and put the tray on her bed, he sat beside it and gestured Raven to join him.

She sits beside him and grabs a waffle then shoves in her mouth, after she finished swallowing her waffle she took a sip from her tea which was the perfect blend, Damian knew how she liked her tea, and Raven appreciated all of this, the food, helping her, everything.

"Damian." She said, getting his attention from the waffles.

"Yes?"

"Thank you, for everything. For helping me, making me snacks," She says with all of her heart.

"You are very welcome, beloved." He replies.

"It means alot that you're doing this rather than training." She jokes.

"You mean more than any training." He says sternly. His words touched Raven's heart, deeply.

"I love you Damian." She said sincerely, flashing him the best smile she could ever give.

"I love you too, Raven." He said returning smile.

She slowly leans in, Damian follows. They close their eyes, wanting to savour the moment.

Their lips were about to touch when Raven's head just striked with pain.

Her head fell, her hand holding her head for support. She groaned in pain causing Damian to open his eyes in confusion why his lips didn't meet hers yet and the groaning.

His expression goes to worry very quickly. His arms automatically wrap around the figure of the empath.

"Raven! What's wrong?" He asks with concern, "Its him, he's breaking free." She said squeezing her eyes shut because of the pain.

"Trigon?" He asks while holding her in his arms. She nods quickly.

"Damian. Help." She said, he felt her let go of everything. He felt her just become calm in his arms.

"Raven.." He said.

No movement......

"Raven?" He tried again, he shakes her a bit, trying to see if she would respond.

Again, no movement.

"Raven! Raven! Raven!" He yelled, she didn't nudge.

"Damn it!" He screamed before fixing his hold on her. Once he found the good angle, he lifted her up bridal style and kicked the door open and headed for the med bay.

What happened to her?

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

- CALIX.