~Ch.22~

-DANIEL'S P.O.V.-

Today marks exactly eight months since Jack disappeared. We've done everything to look for him but it's like the earth swallowed him. There's no sign of him no where. The New York gang didn't take responsibility for the explosion, since they were attacked the same night as we were, no one knows who was behind it. Nothing has been the same since Jack left, eight months have passed and Zoe hasn't given up. However things took a turn when we found out she's pregnant, took everyone by surprise but we all knew we had to be there for her, which we are but we can see how this all affected her.

"Daniel...Daniel!" I snapped my head at Christina.

"Yeah?"

"Umm we're ready to go"

"Oh okay, let's go"

Today is Demanti's birthday, Zoe insisted we celebrate it, which was surprising but I knew she needed to get her mind off everything. I got off the car heading inside to the back where the rest were. Ever since the attack on Jack Demanti's security was tighter than ever.

"Daniel you made it" Isabella, her and Zoe became close after she went to therapy, she's the same age as us and somehow makes me nervous.

"Hey, didn't think you would come"

"Zoe convinced me she said it would help me meet new people and also to see you" I smiled at the way her cheeks brighten by her blush.

"Daniel" I looked back seeing Zoe.

"I'll be back" Isabella nodded heading to Zach as I walked to Zoe.

"Hey you, how's my little niece doing?"

"She's ready to come out with all the kicking she's doing"

"That's good, and you? How are you?"

"I'm trying, but it hurts not knowing where he is or if he's still alive"

"Hey, he's still alive, no body so he's still out there, we'll find him"

She nodded giving a sad smile, it hurt seeing her like this. She shouldn't be going through this, especially while being pregnant.

"Come on let's go sit down"

We walked to the table seeing everyone gathered around. Zoe walked next to Demanti sitting next to him as Isabella sat next to me.

"Thank you everyone for coming, it means a lot having you guys here as family. We're going through a tough time but know we will work together and make it through, we will find Jack, even if it's the last thing I do in this earth. Cheers!"

Everyone held their glass raising it high before saying cheers. We're a family yet missing him felt like we were all apart.

  -ZOE'S P.O.V.-

I miss him so much that it hurts being here without him. He would be here celebrating together, celebrating that we're going to be parents, it took me by surprise but it was also as if he knew it would happen.

"Boss!!!" The head security ran towards us. My dad stood up holding his gun.

"What is it?" Everyone who was someone pulled out their guns, even Daniel.

"You might want to see this!"

"Jonah with me! Eben and Drew stay with Zoe!"

I watched as he made his way to the house. What was going on. Security was close to us ready to shoot when they gave the orders.

"Hey you should sit" I looked at Eben as he pulled out the chair for me.

"Something doesn't feel right Eben"

"It's okay, your dad will take care of it"

It took a couple minutes before my father came back, he was pale as if he saw a ghost. He looked at everyone.

"I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you guys to leave, thank you for coming, please security help our guest exit through the side door"

Everyone was confused but followed his order making their way to security who escorted them out leaving only close family.

"Dad what's going on?" Something was wrong with him.

"Let's all head to the living room" he walked away as we followed him. I looked at Jonah, he had tears in his eyes.

I walked inside following my dad before looking at the floor, blood. Why was there blood on the floor? I watched as he sat down looking at me. We all sat down looking at each other.

"Demanti, brother what's going on?" Jeff, Daniels dad spoke out.

"A couple months ago I got a hit from a friend in France, the mafia we stole everything from had an American in their position, but didn't know who it was. According to his men this person was beyond hurt. I had my suspicions so he sent his men to look for the top head but nothing, it was as if they had disappeared. I couldn't send my men or they would have been gone, so his men stepped in and looked into it, after months of looking they got a hit and attacked last night" he looked at me.

"They found the American in their position..."

"Who was it?" I looked at him hearing my voice break.

"They were able to take him out before destroying everyone. He's badly injured beyond what they've seen"

I got up looking at him somehow feeling my tears begin to come out on their own.

"It was Jack they had, he brought him in right now"

"Where is he?! Dad, where is he?!"

"Zoe, he's bad, badly hurt"

"I don't care, where is he?!"

Before he could say anything I made my way to the back hallway the hospital as they call it, I made my way to the back room, the only door closed. I could feel my heart trying to come out through my chest as I opened the door. There on the bed surrounded by nurses layed the man I loved. I felt my knees weekend seeing him, they had changed his clothes but the injuries were visible. They tried killing him.

"Oh god Jack" if it weren't for the person behind me I would have been on the ground.

"Zoe you need to sit, let's go"

"No I need to be here with him"

I walked next to him holding his hand. What have they done to him?

"How is he?" It was Eben.

"He's weak, he'll need a lot of rest, and care but let's hope for the best" the nurse next to me spoke out.

"Zoe daughter you need to rest, the baby needs to rest"

"No dad, I'm not going anywhere I'm staying here with him"

Eight months of torture, all this time he was suffering more than I could have imagined. If only I had stopped him that night, if only I had woken up. Jack you need to wake up, you need to see your daughter, she's going to be here with us soon. Jack please wake up.

-Thank you for reading, make sure to vote-