~Ch.3~

-DANIEL'S P.O.V.-

"Daniel I said I'm fine"

"What did he want from you?"

"He was just introducing himself that's all"

"Why?!"

She stopped walking and turned around looking at me. I leaned against the wall and looked at her.

"Daniel, I'm okay, nothing happened"

She was mad and so was I, why did Jack talk to her. She was hiding something from me. Why? Well when ever Zoe lies she tends to avoid eye contact.

"Fine, if you don't want to tell me then I'll go ask him myself"

"Daniel!"

She hugged me from behind resting her head on my back. I stopped and froze there trying to get my thoughts together.

"Please stop it, it was nothing"

She knew how to stop me and how to control me, if only she knew she was more than just a friend to me.

"Fine, let me drop you off at your house then"

"Why don't you go, I have to stay and help out for the Fall Dance"

"I'll stay with you"

"I don't think that's going to be possible"

She let go of me and looked out the window. I looked out and saw Stacey standing next to my car while she was talking to some other girls.

"You should take her home, I'll be okay"

"Fine, but call me once you're done and I'll come pick you up"

"Okay"

She smiled at me before waving bye. I pulled her closer to me hugging her.

"Remember Zoe, we always tell each other everything"

I kissed her on her forehead before walking away. One thing about Zoe, she can't keep a secret to herself forever.

-ZOE'S P.O.V.-

"Why don't we put the banner at the entrance that way it would be noticeable by everyone"

"Yeah I agree"

I nodded and made my way towards the decoration table remembering what else had to be done.

"I'll be back, I remembered we had to go pick up the flyers from the art room"

"We can go if you want"

"No it's okay, I'll go, you guys are busy painting the portraits, I'll be back in a bit"

I walked out the gym and made my way towards the art room. It was dark outside already as I looked out the window. I walked into the art room and looked for the box when the door closed. I turned around and saw Jack leaning against the door looking at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have the right to be wherever I want to be"

"You're not suppose to be here"

"Says who? You?"

He smirked before walking towards me.

"Your friend Daniel, what's up with him?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's obvious he doesn't like me, and he doesn't like any boy near you. Rumor has it you two are a thing"

I gulped as he made his way closer to me.

"Why would I be dating my best friend, he has a girlfriend you know?"

"That would stop any guy from dating you, after all you are one of the hottest girl on campus"

"What do you actually want Jack"

He leaned against the desk and grabbed one of the paint brushes before looking at me.

"About earlier" He said studying the paint brush.

"At the cafeteria"

My mind went back to the scene, he said he knew who I was, he was probably teasing me since I am a girl with a lot of mysteries.

"I know who you are Zoe or should I say Mia" He said smiling at me.

I felt like the world had stopped once he said that name. He knew, he knew who I was.

"Wh-What are you talking about"

"Mia Frank, the name fits you but I like Zoe Turner better it's more of your style"

"How do you..."

"How do I know? Well let's not forget where we come from"

I felt my throat begin to dry as I tried to breath but I couldn't breath properly, I was having trouble. If he knew then others knew who I was.

"I'm sorry, I have to go"

I was about to walk away when he walked in front of me making me stop in my tracks. I looked at him as his eyes were fixed on mine.

"Does your best friend know about this?"

"N-no he doesn't"

"I thought best friends knew everything about each other"

"Some things are better kept hidden, all he knows is my dad is away and I'm with my mom...why...how do you know"

"We has a deal remember?"

I looked at him confused.

"What deal?"

"You would report yourself every week, but that stopped one month ago. They thought of sending someone to teach you a lesson but your father convinced them just to send a warning so here I am. Why do I get the feeling you guys were going to run away"

"We weren't"

"We'll see about that"

-DANIEL'S P.O.V.-

It's seven already and she's still not out. I looked up and saw a group of students walking out the entrance, they were the once helping out.

"Hey, have you guys seen Zoe"

"She left early about an hour ago, I guess she was feeling well" One of the girls said looking at me.

"By herself?"

"No, I saw her get into a car with a guy, that one guy, the new one"

"The new one?"

"Yeah, the one that barely transferred here he hangs out with Jonah"

"Jack Avery?"

"Yeah I think that's his name"

"Thanks"

I got in my car and drove off to her place. Why didn't she tell me she was leaving with him? Better yet why is he even with her.

I pulled up to her drive way and got off running to the front door as I rung the doorbell. I looked through the window but no one seemed to be home.

"Zoe...Zoe you in there?" I screamed hoping she was in her room but nothing.

I pulled out my phone and called her but she didn't pick up. Where was she?

"They went out a couple minutes ago"

I turned to see there next door neighbor taking out the trash.

"Someone cane and picked them up"

"Did you see who?"

"Nope, but they left in a rush, probably a family emergency"

"Thank you"

I got my phone and called one person I knew that could help me locate her.

"Hey I need your help..."

-Thank You For Reading, Make Sure To Vote-