~Ch.19~

-DANIEL'S P.O.V.-

"Daniel son"

"I know dad, I already broke up with her"

"You know she's not the one for you"

"That doesn't mean you have to have an arranged marriage for me, come on dad this isn't the old times"

"Daniel you have to understand me, Zoe has to be with someone who's going to protect her, if both of our families unite then they can't hurt her, because she'll be with you, her dad is doing this to keep her safe"

I looked up at the chandelier trying to process everything, Zoe won't like the idea of both of us getting married, she hates me already. I looked back at my dad who was busy looking through some documents.

"Honey, Demanti is here with Zoe" My mom walked in looking at us.

"Daniel let's go"

I got up walking to the living room seeing Demanti with Zoe by his side, but of course he had to come. Jack was here with Jonah and Eben.

"Demanti, nice to see you again"

"Same here Seavey, should we get started?"

"Sure, let's have a seat"

We all sat by in the living room. I sat across Zoe looking at her, she wasn't okay with this and it was obvious. I looked at Jack who was busy throwing daggers at me with his eyes.

"I can't do this! Dad just how in the right mind set do you think we can marry each other! For goodness sake, I'm barely a junior in high school, why do I need to get married?!" Zoe screamed at Demanti.

"Zoe, calm down and listen first" Demanti said holding her hand.

"Zoe I cant keep you safe, everyone who's after me is going to go after you, Daniel, with him they won't be able to hurt you, because I'll be out of your life. I'm doing this to protect you"

"By marriage?!"

"Is it's not by marriage then it's me putting your life in danger and I can't do that, I can't loose you after loosing your mom"

Zoe got up walking away heading to the dinning room. My mom got up walking behind her.

"She's going to be with him?" Jack said looking at me.

"Jack, enough"

"Demanti, when you told me you had a plan to protect her I didn't think it would be marring her to this guy"

"What? Are you jealous she's marrying me and not you?"

"Oh please, marrying you? We both know her answer"

"Enough! Jonah head out with Jack"

The both walked out leaving Eben and Demanti. Eben didn't say much but I could tell he was thinking of so many things.

"Seavey meet Eben he's a guy I can trust, his father worked for me, but he's the guy if you ever need anything"

"I don't agree to this but if it means keeping her safe then you have my approval" Eben said before getting up.

"Daniel go check on Zoe, me and Demanti will be in the office"

"Yes dad" I got up walking to the dinning room seeing Zoe and my mom talking, she was crying.

"Mom can i have a minute with her?"

"Sure, please understand her view" my mom said before heading out closing the doors behind her. I sat down next to her as she wiped her tears.

"Why did you agree to do this Daniel?"

"I didn't have an option, I'm keeping you safe"

"Daniel, come on we both know why you're doing this, you hate Jack"

"This has nothing to do with Jack"

"Then?"

"Zoe I did it because I like you. I want you, and I want to keep you safe and if this is the only way to do it then I'll do it"

She looked at me before getting up walking through the back door. I got up stopping her.

"Zoe listen to me"

"I think I've heard enough"

"No, I'm doing this to keep you safe, you can still be with him but please don't refuse. I need to make sure to keep you safe"

"We both know this won't work Daniel, I love you but you're my friend, my best friend"

"I know and I love you too, but I can't loose you Zoe"

She looked away crying, hurting her was something I never wanted to do, she means so much to me. I pulled her closer hugging her as she hugged me back. I put my chin on her head.

"Please agree, I'll keep you safe"

"Okay, but Daniel I can't do more than love you as a friend and you know that"

"I know and I won't force you into anything more"

I can't force her into loving me and if keeping her safe by being her friend then I'll do it.

-ZOE'S P.O.V.-

It's been a month since the whole marriage agreement,Daniel has been coming over and trying to get our connection back together to how it once was. However, Jack hasn't talked to me since that day. At school he ignores me and I can't blame him, but I don't want to loose him.

"Tomorrow is the big day" I looked at Jonah who was busy eating.

"I know"
Tomorrow I'm signing the papers and getting married to Daniel, wow I never thought I would say that.

"How's Jack?"

"You know he doesn't like the idea but he has to agree with it, he's been out with Eben lately, delivering and buying"

"Is he talking to anyone?"

"Nope"

"Zoe" I looked at the living room seeing Daniel walk in.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I came to drop some things off, hey Jonah"

"Sup dude"

"Zoe, we're here"
Eben walked in with food. I looked behind him seeing Jack, he had bruises in his cave and a scared lip.

"Jack what happened?!"

"Nothing" He was mad.

"Daniel, what are you doing here?"

"Dropping things off, but don't worry I'm leaving, Zoe I'll see you tomorrow"

"You're leaving already?"

"Stay, we should all bond together after all we're all going to be family by tomorrow" Jack said looking at Daniel.

"Why don't we all just hang out, no need for violence, just relaxing" Jonah said getting between them.

"Fine with me if it's okay with Zoe" They all looked at me.

"Yeah, umm that's fine with me"

I looked at both Daniel and Jack who were both busy looking at me, this wasn't going to end good.

-THANK YOU FOR READING, MAKSE SURE TO VOTE-