~Ch.7~

-ZOE'S P.O.V-

It's been a week and I'm still here in this hell house. I've been trying to look for a way out but there are none. In fact Jack enforced security ever since that day I ran away. I looked out the window as the sun was beginning to rise. I put on my sandals and walked out to the hallway only to be stopped by a guard.

"Don't worry I'm not running away, I just want to see the sunrise. You can follow me"

He nodded and followed behind me. Stupid how I can't go anywhere without being followed, but then I did bring this upon me. I walked downstairs seeing more guards and maids cleaning and preparing food. I walked to the back patio heading out to the pool. I sat on the side and looked at the sunrise. If only my mom could see this, or Daniel. I haven't heard anything from my mom since I've been here and it hurts really bad not knowing where she is or how she is. I know Daniel is probably freaking out, but I can't do anything about it.

"You're up early"

I looked behind me and saw Eben smiling at me. I got up quickly almost falling into the pool when he suddenly pulled me towards him. I looked up at him as he held me with his hands around me.

"Uh-thank you" I pushed my self away and looked at him.

"Here" He handed me his phone.

"What is it?"

"A phone"

"I know that, but why are you giving it to me?"

"It's your mom, she wants to talk to you" I grabbed the phone placing it close to my ear.

"Mom?"

"Zoe, honey is it you?"

"Yes mom, oh my god mom, are you okay?"

"I should be the one asking you"

"Mom I'm okay, you know this is nothing for me"

"I heard you tried running away but they caught you. Are you okay?"

I looked at Eben, they must have told Demanti. It sounded like she was crying.

"I'm okay mom and you?"

"Baby I'm okay, don't worry about me. Zoe we need to talk about something serious and I know you're not going to agree"

"What is it?"

"You're going to have to stay there..."

"What! No! Mom are you serious! I can't do that! What about Dad?!"

"Your dad...Zoe we can't locate him, we don't know where he is. Please you have to stay there with them, it's the only way I know you will be protected"

"Mom"

"Zoe I have to go, but please just stay there, whatever you do don't try to run away because those guys are the only protection you have"

"Mom!"

I looked at the phone, she hung up. I looked at Eben as he grabbed the phone from my hand.

"Everything okay?" He asked looking at me.

"No" I said looking away.

How am I suppose to stay here? I can't be here, there has to be a way for me to leave but I can't. My mom knows what she's doing, she has to, why else would she want me to stay here. I looked at the sky as the sun rose.