~Ch.1~

"You know we can do something else if you want too"

"No, I want to stay like this, just for a couple more minutes"

I looked at him as he layed his head on my lap. Being with Daniel always felt good. Never would I have thought the little boy who approached me would become my best friend. Even after he found out my secret he still stayed by my side. He's always been here by my side.

"You're staring Zoe" I smiled noticing he was looking at me.

"Sorry, I was just wondering how someone so ugly could get a girlfriend"

"Hey" He got off my lap and turned to look at me. I smiled and got off running down the stairs as I heard him running behind me.

"Let go" I said trying not to laugh as he hugged me from behind.

"Ugly? Did you call me ugly? Last time I remember you're the ugly one here"

I turned around and hit him on his chest.

"Ugly? Oh please that word isn't in my vocabulary"

I smiled looking at him as he did the same, those blue eyes always seemed to get my attention no matter what. Who am I kidding, they grabbed every girls attention. I noticed we were just standing and staring at each other, I cleared my throat and looked away.

"Come on, we're going to be late for school" I said walking away and getting my backpack from the couch.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to"

"Daniel, it's school no matter how hard we try we'll always have to end up going, come on let's go or I'm going by myself"

"Fine"

-DANIEL'S P.O.V.-

I looked over at her as I dorve us to school. From the day I met her at the park I knew me and Zoe would be bestfriends. Turns out she was a year younger than me, which sucks but there's nothing I can do. I hated the idea that I was going to graduate this year while she still needed one more year of high school, which meant I wouldn't get to see her as often as I do now.

"So how are you and Stacey doing"

"Good" I said looking at her.

"Why don't you talk about her, she's your girlfriend. I always have to find out everything about you two from her"

"I'm not sure, I don't think there's anything we should talk about" I said driving in the parking lot.

"Daniel, as your bestfriend I have a feeling you're not telling me something"

"It's nothing"

"Okay"

She got off the car and began walking inside. I got off following her inside.

"Are you mad at me" I said looking at her.

"No"

"You're mad at me"

"Daniel, I'm not mad"

"That's the face you make when you're mad at me" She stopped and looked at me.

"Look..."

"Babe"

She looked behind me seeing who it was. I turned around and saw Stacey walking to us, that's right, my girlfriend.

"Hey baby" She cupped my face and kissed me, I pulled away backing away from her.

"Hey Stacey"

"Oh, hey Zoe"

It was obvious Stacey didn't like Zoe for the only reason that me and Zoe are bestfriends.

"So babe, I was thinking of having a party at my place tomorrow but since I have the house to myself today I wanted you to come over" She wrapped her hands around my neck standing close to me, like really close.

"Stacey, I'm talking to Zoe" I moved her hands away and walked to the side looking at Zoe.

"Actually, I have to go, I forgot I need to turn in some missing work for my English class, I'll see you guys later, bye"

"Zoe" I grabbed her hand making her turn around.

"I said I'll see you later Daniel" She said before removing my hand and walking away.

"So, where was I" Stacey said hugging me from behind.

-ZOE'S P.O.V.-

It's obvious that Stacey doesn't like me because me and Daniel are bestfriends. It's weird though, because after all I am the one that introduced Daniel to her, but I get how she's feeling. I walked to the library not knowing where I was going to go when I heard someone talk, no it was more like someone asking for help.

"Help me...please" It was a guy's voice.

I looked around noticing that there weren't a lot of people in the hallway. I walked towards the voice that lead to the indoor gym. I opened the door and saw a guy on the floor trying to get up and three more laughing at him. He was bleeding and looked badly injured. I ran to him and kneeled in front of him helping him get up.

"Are you okay" I asked looking at him.

"You shouldn't have came in here, they're going to hurt you" He said looking at me in fear. I looked up at the guys that were laughing at him.

"What's your problem, bullying someone like this" I said pointing at the guy that was on the floor.

One of them stopped laughing and walked towards me. He was taller than me, compared to me I looked like a ant next to a tree.

"Ever heard of mind your own business" He yelled at me.

"And have you ever heard of treating people with respect" I yelled back at him. The other two boys stopped smiling and walked over to me. Damn it Zoe you just had to get in.

"Looks like little miss nosy wants to get beat up as well" One of them said looking at me.

"It's time we teach you a lesson" He raises his hand ready to hit me. I closed my eyes not knowing what to do.

"Enough!!" Someone yelled making it echo throughout the gym.

I opened and looked at the guys that where in front of me before looking st the guy that was on the ground. He pointed at the benches. I turned over confused as I saw someone walking down the benches. As he approached us I noticed who he was. Jack Avery.

-Thank You For Reading. Make Sure To Vote-