I jump up in surprise before jabbing him in the stomach with my elbow. He clutches his stomach in pain while bending over.

"Ow, why did you do that!" he winces and wears an exaggerated pained face.

"Because you keep flirting with me!" I roll my eyes from his acting, "If Jimin was here he would've skinned you alive."

He puts his hand to his cheek in an animated way and looks up as if he's actually thinking really hard, "You know that's the one thing I'm not too excited for when we have our little reunion..."

I shake my head at him with a longing smile on my lips, "Come on, let's go."

---

The sweet smell of coffee fills my nostrils while I greedily take a sip of the beverage. Hoseok carefully holds the mug from my mother's hands and takes a sip.

"Thank you Mrs. Kim for the coffee," he replies before taking another sip and lightly setting it down on the table.

She smiles sweetly while patting my back as I read over the papers we stole, "Sure thing Hoseok. It's the least I could do."

Together me and Hoseok look through what we had to work with. These papers were no joke. Interviews, police reports, newspapers, financial documentation, and even forensic reports.

"Experiments?"

My attention turns to Hoseok mumbling to himself.

"What?" I grab one of the pages he's looking at, "What experiments?"

He points his finger to a passage, "38 trials done on 15 hybrids with differing gender, age, species, and other genetic predispositions. Doses were given at increased increments until effects were observed."

I looked over the rest of the document but the difficult wording and frequent use of technical terms flew right over my head.

"What happened to the hybrids?" I asked Hoseok.

He gulps hard before making eye contact with me, "They died," he moves the document to the side, "It was a failed experiment."

I wanted to ask how but I held my questions in, fearful of what the truth was.

My hands grasp the edge of another document. This one was a police report. Testimonies from ex-members of the Arsenic Snakes were frantically written onto the rough piece of paper. My eyes read back and forth, trying to search for anything relevant.

"Treasure," I stop at one of the lines near the bottom of the page. I follow back a little and fully read the sentence.

"-and that was the end of it. Just before I left, information was leaked that Kim Seojoon had around 20 billion dollars in cash hidden away somewhere. Nobody really believed it at first, but as soon as that whole fiasco with him backstabbing the Snakes happened, the members were getting more desperate to find the treasure."

"He did what?" asks Hoseok, taking the paper from me.

I blink my eyes a few times, "20 billion dollars...." the paper being pulled out of my hands while I stare at the table.

"Oh my god, no wonder everyone has gone mad here. Your brother literally stole from two of the biggest gangs in this city. There's no way they would just let him die like that."

I think back to that funeral more than a year ago.

A car crash they said. Nothing more, nothing else. It did seem a little off but I didn't care back then. There was the initial shock, but car crashes happen all the time. It was a perfectly believable reason for his sudden death.

"Are you saying that.." I furrow my eyebrows.

"I wouldn't be surprised Y/n if one of these gangs sent somebody to kill Seojoon."

I scoff at the thought. Now that makes more sense than a car crash. I feel so dumb not realizing it sooner.

The folder was becoming thinner as we took out papers. Hoseok lets out a frustrated sigh as we empty out the contents.

"That's it?" I ask, shuffling through what little information we have, "We can't do anything with this."

"There's one thing we can do."

Hoseok grabs a sheet of paper he was looking over earlier. With a bright pen he circles a name mentioned in the report.

"Who is he?" I stare at the paper, trying to recollect if I've ever heard such a name.

Hoseok raises his eyebrows, "One of the richest men in the country and the owner of an extremely popular casino that once was a coverup for illegal hybrid selling."

"If anybody knew about the crazy stuff in these files and where Jimin might be, it would be this guy."

I get up from my chair, lifting the keys out of my pocket.

"Let's find this Min Yoongi then." 

Oop. Is it me or is it getting hot in here? 

Also..I can't believe we are nearly at 50k my dudes. This is insaneee!

Thanks for reading!! ;) Love you all!