"Technically, it was just a peck." Alec trailed off, both of us answering the same time.

Mom paused before turning around, her eyes narrowed at us and brought the knife upwards.

"So, who's the one telling the truth?" She asks, resting her back against the countertop.

Alec glanced at me before turning to my mom."Ellie's lying." He answered, making me gasp.

Mom set the knife down before bursting into laughter, the melodic sound meeting my ears.
Alec had a confused look on his face and I threw him a glare.

"How dare you Alec King! You son of a snitch!" I accused, placing Theodore down who ran to mom's side.

Alec had a lopsided grin on his face, letting out a shrug."I ain't gonna lie to your mom cookie."

"I ain't gonna lie to your mom cookie," I mimicked sarcastically, making him chuckle.

I turned to my mom, throwing her a slight glare."That's wasn't funny mom," I deadpan.

Mom's green eyes were smiling at me."I'm sorry sweetie, I couldn't help it." She replied.

Theodore who was at my mom's side let out a surprised gasp, his lips in angry pout.

"You were being a momster mom!" Theodore accused, pointing a chubby finger at mom.

Mom was the one looking terrified this time and washed her hand quickly, going to Theodore and brought her in his arms.

"Mommy was just joking baby!" She defended.

Theodore huff before crossing his arms across his chest."It wasn't fwunny mom," He replied.

Mom pouted childishly."Okay fine, no more jokes Theo." She kissed his cheek."For now," She winked at me.

I let out a small groan at her antics but I wouldn't trade her for the world, I thought.

"You came in such an unexpected time Alec. You're going to the party later, right?" My mom turned to Alec, placing Theo down.

Alec rubbed the back of his neck, a sign that he was nervous."Yes Elena but Ellie texted me that you're lacking hands and wanted to offer some help," He replied, his voice trailing off in the end in a hesitant note.

I glanced at him in surprise. It's true that I did text him but that was only fifteen minutes ago. A wide smile graced at my mom's lip and I knew exactly what she was thinking.

Fuck, I thought. She's gonna start planning our wedding after this.

"Can you do the groceries for me? There some missing ingredients and I have to start cooking now," Mom replied, referring to ingredients that were readied on the countertop.

Alec nodded, his yummy lips set on a smile."Absolutely, just give me the list and I'll be on my way Elena."

Mom pulled a paper from the pockets of the apron she wore and handed it to him."Yes and I want you guys to take Theodore. He's been wanting to get out and see the snow." She grinned, her green eyes twinkling.