XVI.

Chapter 16: Todd and his low alcoholic tolerance

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

It was a Tuesday night and I was in my desk area, finishing my physics assignment. I let out a yawn, leaning back unto the seat and doing a little stretch with my arms.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Alec today, he wasn't in school and was absent in physics class.

I've been avoiding the pack of skittles as well but Ark kinda got caught by Chase in the hallway during lunch and she had to sit with them for lunch.

I almost fell out of the floor when my phone suddenly rang. I laid a hand on my chest and swiped to answer.

"Hello? Is this Ellie Haven?" Todd's voice rang through the receiver.

"Todd, you saved my number the day we went to the mall. What do you want?" I deadpanned, my hand fiddling with the pencil.

"Get ready blue, I'm picking you up in 30." He stated, a sound of beeping in the background.

"What? Why?" I asked, my hand letting go of the pencil.

"I'll tell you when we get there. Wear something that screams party." He demanded.

"Todd, you know it's a school night right?" I pointed out, standing up.

"School night who? Just sneak out of your window. I'll see you, bye!" Todd ended the call before I could protest.

I gave my phone a glare before making my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

I changed into a black one-shoulder sleeve top that ended on my belly button. I decided to go with high waisted jeans, not wanting to show my legs, and paired it with a simple white shoes.

I added some accessories like a cute necklace and rings that Todd bought me when we were shopping. I combed my hair and left it into it's wavy state.

I found the makeup bag that my mom gave me as a gift a few days after the first date. I applied a little bit highlighter, a winged-eye liner that I had to redo thrice, and lip gloss.

I stuffed a dollar bill on my bra just in case and took a hold of my phone. I glanced at the window where the fat branch of the tree was staring back at me innocently.

I took a deep breath, my heart thudding in my chest at what I'm about to do. I opened the window and placed my feet unto the sill with hesitation.

My phone rang and I quickly took a step away from it. I wiped my clammy hands unto my jeans before swiping call.

"Just freaking jump blue! I'll catch you!" Todd whispered shouted.

I glanced out of the window and saw him standing below my window. He was waving at me hurriedly.

I glanced at the tree branch, it was so close yet so far away. I glared at it, I'm gonna get the fuck out of here without your help branch.

"I can do it. Get out of the way," I mustered out, ending the call and stuffed my phone into my bra.

I took a deep breath once more, stepping unto the window sill with both my feet up this time. I glanced at Todd who gave me a thumb ups and was a few meters away from the window.