XI.

Chapter 11: The Death Of A Duck

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"What color are you gonna get?" Ark asked, glancing at the rows of nail polishes that were displayed in front of us.

"Hmm, I'm stuck between this two," I said, eyeing the two shades of green that caught my eye.

"Oooh, I like that one," Sage piped in, pointing to the matte olive green shade.

Sage Robins is a rare beauty to behold with her golden brown skin, curly locks that frames her round face, adorned with pouty lips and is the girlfriend of Connor Bianchi.

"I'll choose this one then," I smiled, handing it to the lady that was currently doing our manicure.

"This is a well-deserved girls day." Ark sighed, a hint of sleep in her tone.

"Indeed, Connor wouldn't let me get my nails done until I promised him that I wouldn't get acrylic nails," Sage said, rolling her silver eyes in exasperation.

"Boys being dead ass scared of acrylics nails," Ark snorted, shaking her head in amusement.

"He prefers my natural claws, if you know what I mean," Sage smirked, waggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"I did not need to know that," I grimaced, shaking my head.

"Fine, tell us what's happening between you and Alec? Hmm, Have you kissed yet?" Sage pondered, her eyes full of mischief.

Ark giggled,"Kissed? Are you kidding Sage? Boo goes into a cringe-haywire every time she sees a couple kissing in movies," She laughed.

I felt my cheeks redden, it has been a month since the date. A month full of hanging out with the pack of skittles and getting to know them.

Alec and I have been on a few dates since then and we haven't talk about what the real deal between us but I can say that I care for him more than a friend.

He's been walking me to class every after lunch and sometimes he drives me home, depends when I'm wanting to do my ritual long walks.

One thing that I've noticed this past few weeks is the times where one of them or all of them would be absent for days and would attend school a few days later with faint bruises or bandaged knuckles.

Ark and I knew it wasn't our business and I could tell by the their faces that they weren't ready give us a deeper peak into their closets every time we would glance at them with worried faces.

We meet Sage at the twin's birthday party but it was only brief considering how she was tipsy after their rides and Connor had to drive her home.

It wasn't until two weeks later that the pack of skittles, Ark, and I were invited to go bowling with her and Connor did we finally had the chance to talk and bond.

"We're far from the kissing stage guys, I admit I care for him more than a friend and I don't know, we haven't even talk about it and I don't want to make a big deal out of it," I told them, eyeing my nails that was now being painted.

Sage nodded thoughtfully,"Well, I'm happy that you're taking things slow just," She suddenly hesitated, glancing at Ark and I.

"What is it?" I asked, looking up from my nails to gaze at her.

"Alec has a rough past and his present isn't exactly all rainbows and unicorns right now so please don't turn your back away when things starts to get rough or you get shaken up," Sage revealed, her eyes revealing nothing but concern.