Alec shook his head, "It is my job and duty as your butler to be by your side."

'Yeah until you poisoned me...'

"If that's what you want.."

She turned her focus back to reading, flipping page after page, forgetting how much time has passed until Alec spoke up.

"Milady, you should head back now. It's almost midnight."

Looking up at the clock in the library, Elenor noticed that he was right. A small gasp escaped her mouth before she closed the book shut.

"I forgot how much time flies when you're having fun..."

Elenor turned to Alec and nodded, "Thanks for telling me."

"It's nothing milady."

"If you weren't there I would have for sure stayed up until late in the night." Elenor sheepishly chuckled.

Alec didn't say anything after that, following behind her until they reached her room. He bowed deeply, "Have a good night's rest, milady."

Elenor nodded about to close the doors, "You too Alec."

She shut the doors and placed the book she took from the library down on the nightstand. Changing into her nightgown, she turned the lamp off and headed to sleep.

The next day Richard asked if she wanted to go to town after breakfast.

"Brother, you aren't going to work today?" Elenor asked.

"Today I took a day off work." he smiled.

She returned him a smile, "Then okay, I will go get ready."

"You have been smiling more."

"Is it weird?"

He shook his head, "No, your smile is very cute."

"..Thank you.."

Richard nodded, "I'll wait at the entrance." he turned his heels and walked away.

Elenor called in some maids and they helped her get dressed for the outing to the capital. They were still afraid of her so Elenor didn't speak and just let them do their job. Once she was finished being dressed by the maids, Elenor left her room and headed to the entrance where Richard was waiting for her.

"Your dress is different from usual." he said once he noticed her walking towards him.

Her hair was tied into a high ponytail with braided sides. The outfit was a simple light green dress with some embroidery on it and topped it off with a bonnet similar colour with her dress. Elenor didn't wear any accessories other than a simple necklace.

She smiled and slightly bowed, "Thank you brother since we are going to the capital I thought it was better to dress a bit lighter and comfortable."

If Elenor didn't tell the maids, they would have given her the usual dresses the previous Elenor would have worn. Looking at them made her feel tired already. They were all so eye catching and just too much. What she wore right now was perfect for a simple outing in the capital.

Richard and Elenor got onto the carriage while Alec sat with the coachman. It took almost half an hour to reach the town. They all got off the carriage and Richard told the coachman to come back around late afternoon.

"Do you want to look around the shops?" Richard asked once the carriage left.

Elenor nodded, trying to contain my excitement as this was the first time she had ever left the estate since she came to this world. "Yes please."

Richard looked at her before turning away and covered his face. "Elenor how could you become cuter than before..."

"..."

'Have I ever wrote about him having a sister complex?'

They slowly walked around, Alec following them from behind. They walked around the market that was selling different kinds of things like food, random knick-knacks and other stuff which caught Elenor's eyes.

"Brother will buy anything you want!" was what Richard said every time something caught her eye.

'I know you would but please refrain yourself. I much prefer window shopping since that's a habit of mine that can never be gone.'

Around lunch hour, the two decided to go to a popular cafe Richard suggested. Apparently they had a new kind of dessert and it was extremely popular now.

"Tell me what you want and I'll order it for you Elenor." he said as they looked through the menu.

Once Elenor laid eyes on the menu, she felt nauseous. The prices were so expensive! One food from the menu could cost a whole shelf of instant noodles! No wonder everywhere she looked inside the cafe was full of nobles and merchants.

Elenor ordered the cheapest thing on the menu she could find and had a nice chat with her brother until the food came to the table. It smelt really good and tasted amazing.

But honestly Elenor knew she wouldn't come here often, seeing the prices. They finished their food around the time they soon had to go back.

"Brother," she tapped his arm to gain his attention.

"Can we go in here?" she asked, pointing at a bookstore.

Richard looked at the bookstore, "Sure..."

They headed into the store. The bells chimed happily as they entered and looked around at the books.

"Welcome! What are you looking for?" the owner of the store asked with a smile on her face.

"Ah I would like to look around." Elenor responded.

She nodded, "Certainly, please take your time."

"Thank you."

Richard went into another section which was mostly politics and work related stuff while Elenor headed to the section that had all sorts of genres.

---

Author's note: The updating dates have changed now, it's every Monday, Wednesday and Friday! So look forward to the updates (* ̄3 ̄)╭