One time

I couldn't move if I wanted to. Between the aching in my lower back and the soreness in between my legs, all I could do was lay tangled in Luca's sheets watching him smoke another cigarette. I fucking hate the smell.

"Would you please stop." I painstakingly sat up only my hair covering my chest. He rose from the chair, stubbing his cigarette out.

In three strides he was in front of me his hand cupping my cheek. I knew the look in his darkening eyes well.

"You're insatiable."

"Did you forget how you begged me not to stop, Principessa?" He smirked his eyes lighting up with amusement as he brought his face closer to mines.

"Don't get it twisted Lulu, I'm not complaining."

"You're testing me again." He said nipping at my collar bone.
Before I could respond there was a knock and someone came flying through the door. Luca stepped in front of me as I reached for the cover.

"There's was an issue with the drop today. The Ventillis' are asking for you at the club."the man spoke quickly throwing suspicious glances over Luca's shoulder.

"Call Dante, tell him to meet me there." He simply ordered

" I'll be back late. If you need anything the house is yours." He said placing a light kiss along my jaw.

He left the minute his clothes were on. If this was any indication of what my life might look like as a mafia wife, Victoria would be selling me off over my dead body. My escape duffle bag was hiding in the corner of my closet given there were no loose floorboards there. I'd pack it the second week I'd been there after she forced me to have dinner with her friend's grandson. She'd covered all my lingering bruises in makeup and told me to get over the fact my mother had died two weeks earlier. There isn't a bone of humility in Victoria's body. After my first month of shooting lessons, I thought about killing her for a minute. But I at least needed to use her enough to get on my own feet.
/ㅇㅇㅇㅇ
I'm not sure when I fell asleep, but between then and now Luca still hadn't returned. With first light filtering through the windows that surrounded Luca's bed room it couldn't be any later than 5am. Untangling myself from the sheets, I stood up on weak legs searching for any remnants of my clothes. My panties though ripped were wearable but my dress had been so inconveniently left in the pool room.     And hence the ultimate cliche of me stealing one of his t-shirts. I made it to the front door without running into anybody.

"Where the hell are you going dressed like that." in the doorway stood Luca Luciano covered in specs of blood, his eyes burning flames.

"I'm guessing you're meeting didn't go so well."I said lazily meeting his gaze.

"No, it didn't. Especially since I had to leave a certain someone to go deal with some complete bullshit."he said his words harsh despite the playful content.

"Poor Guy." I said dryly, giving no indication his words affected me the way they had.

"Guys." He corrected me adding, "And they'll be just fine, I gave them free tickets to hell."

"How kind of you." The sarcasm dripping.

"Where are you going Principessa?" The exhaustion in his voice strengthened my resolve to leave even more.

"Home." I said attempting to push past him. The effort was futile as he grabbed my arm pulling me back into the foyer.

"Just wait here Principessa." He said disappearing down the hall. He returned in clean clothes, casual clothes. He wore a white t-shirt and light denim jeans, the gun at his hip more obvious with the lighter clothes.He handed me a jacket that practically swallowed me as I slid it on. My eyes flickered up to his as he glanced over me again. He opened the door gesturing me out to his black convertible.