chapter one

(Italics=Amirah speaking to her daughter)

katherine: momma can you tell me a story?

Amirah: okay which one do you want to hear?

katherine: a fairy tale!

Amirah: ...okay I got one for you, but it's a bit different; and guess what? It's a true story too!

katherine: okay!

Amirah: once upon a time, there was a girl villager, who was a vibrant soul, but broken....

calli
I whipped the last shot and sucked in a breath before announcing my goodbye as if anyone really cared. I stood up on the bar.

calli: THE PARTY IS TIRED AS SHIT BYE BYE FUCKERS!!

All the men and few women raised their glasses and cheered as a way of saying goodbye. I picked up my mini backpack and threw my cap backwards, before heading out the door. It was quiet in Jersey, but I kinda liked it. I was walking past an alley as a shortcut so I didn't miss curfew before I heard commotion...

mattia
We all got up, taking a breath after we'd beat the hell out of 4 guys that tried crossing us during a deal. Ale handed me the gun.

Ale: you wanna do the honors?

Mattia: absolutely.

I smiled and took it confidently. I checked the load quickly before ignoring the cries for mercy, with a straight face as I shot one by one in the head; clean. We all took the bodies and dragged them into a pile, before throwing a lighter, watching as they burned.

All of the sudden we heard rocks move. We all whipped our heads towards the opening of the alley to see a girl. Kairi has his gun out before anyone, he's good like that. His reflexes are brutal.

Alvaro: shit she seen us!

???: no, I'm fucking blind.

The girl tried playing off sarcastically. Kairi, still had his gun out, walking closer towards the girl.

Kairi: you wanna die today?!

He tried saying seriously, which doesn't match his personality at all.

???: yeah kinda.

Kairi: oh damn wanna talk about it?

He said as his voice softened and he put his gun back in the strap, still giving her his attention.

Mattia: KAIRI!!

The girl burst out laughing, holding her stomach. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my gun, walking towards her. She stood, unfazed as she admired my gun.

???: oh shit that's a nice one.

Mattia: oh thanks it'd look better against your forehead.

???: really? Here let's see.

She took the head of my gun and placed it against her forehead. I stared in disbelief. Did she just-

???: what do you guys think? look nice?

Roshaun: it really brings out the color of your eyes-

Mattia: ROSHAUN! STOP. TALKING.

Roshaun stood quiet. They all did. The girl smiled at Roshaun.

???: oh thanks.

We stood there, I was waiting for her to beg for her life. It's more fun like that.

???: are you just gonna stand there or...

I rolled my eyes and pressed harder against her forehead. She put her hands up in defense.

???: okay you ain't gotta do all that-

Ale: thought you wasn't scared?

???: well yeah but I didn't say it wouldn't suck.

Mattia: how are you not screaming crying already?

???: because momma ain't raise no bitch.

Alvaro: period.

Kairi: can we keep her?

Mattia: are you out of your fucking mind?!

Ale: .....please?

I scoffed and put my hand on the trigger.

???: well shit. it was nice knowin y'all.

Kairi: same.

Alvaro: it's a shame to see you go.

???: eh probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyways. Alright I'm ready.

What's up with this girl? They all stood there, waiting for the trigger to be pulled. I muttered in frustration. It's not right when they don't fuss. I knew I was gonna regret this...

I removed the gun from her head, and smacked her over the side of the head with it, hard. I put my gun in my strap as the boys watched her body fall to the ground.

Kairi: alright! Thanks mattia!

I smirked and lightly laughed. They really thought I was doing this out of the little amount of kindness in my heart. No, no never that. I'm gonna wait as long as I need to, to get her vulnerable...

And when the time comes...

and she actually begs for her worthless little life...

I'm gonna pull the trigger.