Chapter 1

*Dean's pov*

I loved my job for 2 years I've been a member of the Stanford SWAT force...I was close to all my colleagues but I was closest to Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins...we went to high school together..we went through the academy together...when we were approached to join the SWAT team we jumped at the chance...I had a great life but one thing was missing from it...someone to go home to...I knew who I wanted but the question remained did she want me...the girl in question was Roman's younger half sister Samantha...she was perfect she looked nothing like Roman except the dark hair and tan skin...she had these crystal clear blue eyes..of course she was the type of girl who married lawyers or what not...not an officer...but I couldn't help but want her...we hung out a lot we talked a lot...today we were off and Roman was hosting a huge cook out...since he was single Sami offered to help out...I stood in the kitchen after being ordered to help "You do realize I'm useless in the kitchen right?"

Sami shook her head and put a hand on her hip "What am I going to do with you Ambrose...no wonder you're single."

I protested "It's a choice."

She threw a cherry tomato at me "Sure it is.."

I grumbled "At least show me how to cut this."

Sami placed her small hand over mine.."On second thought put your hands over mine."

I stood behind her and did as told..she was flush against my chest...the smell of her shampoo and perfume filling my nose..I followed her movements as we cut the lettuce "Sami..."

She turned facing me "What?"

I sighed softly "God you're beautiful."

Sami bit her lip slightly "Dean.."

I leaned down to kiss but when Roman walked in we broke apart quickly going back to what we were doing "What's up man?"

Roman chuckled getting a bottle of water "Well steaks and burgers are going...how's it going in here?"

I shrugged "Okay I guess."

Sami shook her head "I got this Dean go out with Roman."

I watched as Roman kissed her forehead before walking out..."Sami..I.."

She sighed "Don't worry about it..."

I sighed as she turned away from me..I shook my head and walked outside...I sat beside Seth and Randy with a beer "Any hot girls show up yet?"

Seth raised an eyebrow "What happened with telling Sami how you feel?"

I sighed taking a sip of my beer "I almost kissed her Roman walked in and she ignored me."

He nodded "Well you tried to kiss her in the middle of her brother's kitchen and he walks in what you expect Ambrose."

I ran a hand through my hair "Fuck I don't know who would of fucking thought this would be so damn hard."

Randy shook his head "If you were smart you'd talk to Roman first that's a whole mess you don't want to deal with.."

I looked over to where Roman stood talking to a few of the other guys...I saw Sami walk out with Naomi Uso who was married to Jimmy who was also Roman and Sami's cousin..I took in the shorts and tank top she had on..I shook my head "How the hell do I do that?"

He chuckled "Well quit being a pussy...go talk to him and get your girl before someone else does."

I gave him a look "Thanks for the pep talk asshole."

Randy shrugged "What else am I gonna say Dean...if you don't go for it someone else is going to then where will you be?"

I stood up "Asshole."