4

Gemini

"Where's Leebs?" Leo repeated for the thousandth time. "We don't know." I turned back to my phone, rolling my eyes. A few moments later, a Tesla limo pulled up. Libra emerged from the car, barreling straight into Scorpio. Scorpio caught Libra, his face only inches from hers. After a long, silent moment, Libra stepped back. "Thanks, Scorpio." Leo walked up to Libra. "Leebs, ready?" Libra nodded, allowing Leo to throw an arm around her.

The two walked down the hallway toward their classes. "Whoa." I looked at Scorpio, who had gone back to flirting with the girls around him. "Hey, Scorpio!" Scorpio turned. "What was that, dude?" Scorpio shrugged. "I don't care-Leebs and I are history." With that, he threw his bag over one shoulder and walked away, leaving Aries, Sagittarius and I.

"So... you two are coming together to my party, right?" I asked. "Yes," Sagittarius replied. Aries elbowed him, blushing furiously. "All three of us." I snorted, noticing Aries' crestfallen expression. Aries shot me an angry glare. I knew better than to mess with the little lady. "Well! I'm off to Math." I took off, headed for my math classroom.

"Okay, let's get stuck in it. So, today we're looking at the geometrical properties of triangles in greater detail...." Mrs Erlingford droned on about triangles, too short-sighted to notice me whipping my phone out. I opened my messages, writing a message to Aquarius, who was across the room from me.

GEMINI: Hey, so bored!

AQUARIUS: I know.....

GEMINI: Hey, here's an idea-let's skip!

AQUARIUS: Ask Scorpio 4 backup.

I smiled toothily at Aquarius before texting Scorpio.

GEMINI: Scorpio, we're skipping-

SCORPIO: Be there in a minute.

Scorpio was never at school. He'd gone to great lengths to make sure nobody noticed that he was skipping. By 'great lengths', I meant hacking into the school database and erasing his name. Scorpio lived with an abusive dad. He just assumed Scorpio was doing okay at school. Back when they were dating, Libra had convinced Scorpio to come to classes with her. He'd agreed, but when they broke up, that was done.

I watched the door carefully, waiting. Eventually, I heard a knock. Mrs Erlingford opened the door, revealing Scorpio who was dressed in administrative clothing. "Hello, I'm here to collect Miss Gemini and Miss Aquarius. The administration requires them for the rest of the day. Be sure to pass the message on." Mrs Erlingford nodded, letting us out.

When we were finally out in the corridor, we were greeted by Taurus and Sagittarius. "Well, they needed to be bailed out of class too." Scorpio whispered. "Where's Leebs?" I asked Sagittarius. "Oh, Leo just texted us that she's sleeping. They have a sub, so..." I laughed. "Typical Leebs, am I right?" Sagittarius nodded. "Why'd that stop Leo from coming?" Sagittarius held out his phone. It was a selfie Leo had posted of Libra fast asleep on his shoulder. "He doesn't want to wake her-isn't that cute?"

Was I seeing things, or did Scorpio just grit his teeth? "So cute." We walked down the corridor, careful to remain silent and duck under the windows. We finally made it out of the building. "Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!" I pumped the air. Scorpio hopped on his bike. "Well, have fun. I'm going." He looked back at us. "Text me around one so I can come pick you up, Gemini." Scorpio had (very kindly) arranged for me to travel with him today because my car was being repaired and we were neighbours.

"Where should we go?" Aquarius asked, coughing from the fumes coming out of Scorpio's bike. "Somewhere with food." Taurus paused. "Ooh, I know-Pier 17!" Pier 17 was one of the best places to hang out in the city. It offered an amazing seafood buffet, a dessert shop, and amazing views. I'd had my first kiss sitting on the edge of that pier. We all piled into Taurus' car, zooming off to Pier 17.

.....

"Oh my goodness, Taurus, do you ever stop eating?" Aquarius watched as she ate yet another prawn skewer. "Nope," she answered before starting on her third bowl of clam chowder. Soon enough, she decided it was time to go off to the dessert shop. We paid our bill before wandering into the store. I went straight for the candy section while Aquarius walked toward the ice creams. Sagittarius made a beeline for the chocolate and Taurus hopped around, grabbing a bit of everything.

We paid for our desserts, taking them out to the pier and letting our legs dangle over the water as we ate our food. "Wow, it's beautiful," Aries breathed, looking at the view. "It is." Aries' head slipped onto Sagittarius' shoulder. The two drifted off, staring at the river together. After a while, Taurus stood up. "Well, I'm gonna go get some more to eat."

"TAURUS!"

We all piled into the car, driving back to school.

.....

"Oh my GOD, Leo, you let them skip?" Libra frowned at the quarterback, looking hilariously tiny compared to him. "Yeah, I did." He looked down at Libra. "But... why? We're here to learn, you know. It's no good if you all keep skipping." Leo smirked. "Or sleeping in class, for that matter." Libra scowled at Leo.

Scorpio pulled up. "Well, let's go, Gemini." I walked over to the bike, laughing at Libra's indignant screams upon seeing the photos of her and Leo. Libra walked over. "You know, it wouldn't hurt to give school another go, Scorpio." She nudged him gently. Scorpio didn't answer hopping on the bike. This angered Leo. "Hey, she just said something to you." Scorpio looked up at Leo. "Her opinion doesn't matter to me anymore." Leo scowled.

"See, now I know why she dumped you." Scorpio narrowed his eyes at Leo. "You don't even care about her! You couldn't give less of a damn, could you?" Scorpio bristled. "Honestly, Scorpio, I don't understand what she saw in you." This was the last straw for Scorpio. He lunged at Leo, taking on the (significantly taller) quarterback with ease.

"She loved me-" He struggled. "She loved me for me." Scorpio pushed Leo further down. Libra reached out for the boys. Aries pulled her back, shaking her head. "She kept me sane." A strange, evil smirk appeared on Scorpio's face. "I wouldn't be here, doing this if she still loved me." Scorpio stopped, frowning. "Even though she doesn't love me anymore...."

"I still love her."