B2 19

Gemini

"Okay, I give up. What the hell is your secret?" Aries asked. We were at my place, playing the latest edition of Tekken on the 91-inch widescreen. It was fun, having someone to share all my stuff with. Having someone who wanted to play with me (or against me) on my console and who wanted to chill with me by the pool. Even as we spoke, Taurus and Pisces were downstairs, trying to make pancakes. 

"I guess I'm just better than you," I replied, smirking. Aries rolled her eyes. "Rematch," she demanded. I nodded, reloading the game as another round of Tekken began-"

"GEMINI! GEMINI! GEMINI, ARE YOU HOME?"

I hurried downstairs, only to find Aquarius, Drew and Will standing out front, looking incredibly exasperated. "Is everything okay?" I asked, realising how stupid that sounded. Aquarius stood there, silent, still not speaking to me. 

"We... the car ran out of fuel. I drove here with whatever was left and I was hoping you could maybe give us a lift to the GP?"

"Lift?" Scorpio yelled from the pool deck. "We can help!" Libra added, the two of them hurrying to help. "Scorpio's car is parked out front-you know what, I might as well just come."

Drew nodded as we all turned a corner, piling into the car. 

.....

"Okay. The next appointment is... Aquarius Bridler?"

"That would be me," Aquarius said, standing up. The secretary looked at her, slightly confused. "Sweetheart, where's your mother?"

"Actually, I'm the mother of the child," Aquarius replied, smiling. The receptionist cast her a very dirty look, which did not sit well with me at all. 

"Hey, what's so wrong about Aquarius being pregnant?" I asked. 

"She's just-she seems quite young-"

"Oh, and so you expect her to have an abortion? Because she's so young? Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know teen moms were supposed to have no choice in the matter of keeping their own child-"

"Is everything okay out here?" asked a middle-aged man, poking his head out of a door that read 'DR WATKINS'.

"What's wrong is that you have hired an absolutely disgusting person to be your secreta-"

"Calm down, Gemini," Aquarius instructed.

"Calm down, Gemini." That was the first non-offensive thing Aquarius had said to me in months. Even "Gemini, I'm pregnant" had been accompanied by a long rant about how Aquarius hated that I was the only door left to knock on and how much she despised me. 

"You must be Aquarius," Dr Watkins said, ushering her in. "Your friend can come in too, and... the father?"

"That would be me," Drew replied proudly, dressed in his Varsity High football jacket and blue jeans, paired with a white tee. "It's always the footballers the stupid teenage girls fall for - those irresponsible little-"

"Care to repeat that?" I asked the secretary when Drew took hold of my sleeve and dragged me in, looking annoyed. 

Mr Watkins took his place at this desk and turned to smile at Aquarius. "So, Aquarius, I know this can all be very daunting, but I promise you, I'm here. Every step of the way. And so is your..."

"Drew's a friend," Aquarius interjected. 

"Um, yeah, We've got... a complicated history," Drew added. 

"Complicated how?"

"Well, we were somewhat together and... then I came came out as gay, so."

"I think you're incredibly brave, Drew. Our community could definitely use someone as proud as you." Dr Watkins gestures to his flag. "40 years with my partner, and I'll never get tired of him.

"Anyways, on with the consultation, then. Aquarius, I've taken a look at your results, and I can confirm that you are two months into your pregnancy. You haven't drunk or smoked, no?"

Aquarius nodded, which surprised me. "I felt too unwell, Doctor. I was scared those things would make it worse."

Dr Watkins nodded, not even touching on the fact that Aquarius did drink and smoke. For a 60-something guy, he was quite laid back. 

"Okay, so there is one other thing..."

Aquarius leaned forward, wanting to know what Dr Watkins was going to say. "Your ultrasound results-the early one you got-they've shown us that you're having twins."

Aquarius gasped, as did Drew. 

"Twins?" she asked, wringing her hands nervously. "That can't be-"

"It can be, Aquarius."

Aquarius' face went red as she grew more and more flustered. 

God, this was going to be a bumpy ride.

PLEASE ADD YOUR OCS TO THE 70K SPECIAL APPLYFIC!