The Zodiac Diaries: Part 8 (Epilogue)

A/N: This is set five years after the incidents of The Zodiac Diaries.

It was a rather calm day in Somerset. A couple walked together in the summer breeze, one with eyes bluer than the Atlantic and the other with brown hair that sparkled under the sun. "I love you, Taurus," the blue-eyed boy sighed, seeming slightly tense. "I love you too, Pisces," the brunette boy added. Pisces stopped in a particularly scenic place, waiting for Taurus turn around and look at him. "What are you-" Taurus paused as Pisces sank down onto one knee, pulling a box out of his pocket. "Oh..." Tears began to stream down Taurus' face. "Taurus Miller, you are everything I've ever wanted. So I'm going to be selfish today, and ask you to be my everything forever. What do you say?" 

He laughed, nodding. "I say yes." Pisces slid the ring onto his now-fiance's finger, scrambling to his feet and throwing his arms around Taurus and clutching him in a tight embrace as the golden Somerset sun washed over the happy couple. Only moments later, a girl emerged, smiling. "So... let me see the ring, Taurus!" she squealed. Taurus laughed. "Here, Virgo." Virgo laughed. "Oh... Leo is calling me..." Pisces smirked. "Go on, chat with your boyfriend then. We'll be fine." Virgo nodded, answering the phone. Taking Pisces' hands, Taurus smiled. "You know, when I met you, five years ago, I thought you were a loon." Pisces laughed. "And what do you think I am now?" he asked. 

"I still think you're a loon."

"Oh, is that so?"

"But now, you're a loon I couldn't bear the thought of living without."

.....

A rather pale young man with chiseled features stood by an old cemetery, two wreaths in his hands. A woman, accompanied by a green-eyed man, joined him, holding a bouquet of roses while her partner clutched a woven daisy crown. "Are you ready, Aquarius?" the woman asked, her tan glistening in the sunlight. The pale man-Aquarius-nodded and they set off, looking for the graves of their fallen comrades. The woman took her partner's arm, who smiled at her. "Aries," Aquarius sighed. They paused in front of a rather small tombstone, looking rather scarcely decorated. 

"It's been five years," Aquarius sighed, "and I'm still not over you, Aries." He sighed.

"You imprisoned me, just like you wanted to. I'm stuck thinking about you." The woman moved toward Aquarius, comforting him. "It's okay, brother..." He hung his head. "It will be, Libra." He smiled, laying a wreath on her tombstone. Libra's partner placed the daisy brown onto the tombstone at an angle, where it sparkled in the sunlight. "Thanks for weaving it, Gemini." Libra smiled at Gemini, planting a kiss on his cheek. He grinned, putting an arm around Libra. Aquarius led the way to a second grave. 

"Alright, sister, Gemini, here it is. Sagittarius." Gemini bowed his head and Libra placed her bouquet next to the tombstone. "I miss her," she whispered. "With her personality, it just... it just felt like she could never die, you know? She was the definition of life." 

Gemini took his girlfriend's hand, looking into her eyes. "Well, then, we have to live on. For our sake, and for theirs." 

And even though they didn't know it, Sagittarius and Aries were smiling from the other side. 

.....

It was a rather sunny day and light streamed into the library through the long, narrow windows, where a young woman named Cancer sat, reading an old, tarnished journal while humming to herself. She was expecting her guests to arrive at any moment... She jolted as the bell sounded before hurrying off to answer the door. "Welcome, Leo," she gushed. "Hello, Cancer. Virgo's in Somerset with Taurus and Pisces-the two just got engaged!" Cancer squealed, showing Leo into the sitting room. "She'll come tomorrow." She nodded. "Well, let's not dilly dally... you said you found some new information?" She nodded. "Follow me."

The manor which she solely occupied was massive, and had been left to her by Capricorn, her first ever true friend, murdered at the hands of a vampire named Sagittarius who consequently passed herself. It was while grieving him and coping with her newfound Hunter abilities that she had met Virgo, Taurus and Pisces. Leo had been introduced to her after he began to go out with Virgo. She led Leo into a spacious study, where, in a corner against the floor-length windows, sat a box of rather obsolete objects. "It was hidden in the armory. There's inscriptions on these-they aren't normal objects, mind. There's something special about them." Leo nodded. 

"As usual, we're on the precipice of something brand new."

"What do you say we dive right in, Leo?" 

"I say absolutely."

Hello, readers!

That wraps up my 20K special! I hope you enjoyed Zodiac Diaries! Now, there will be no 30K special, or any other specials until this book has been completed. The end is coming near... I hope you have enjoyed reading Zodiac High and thank you once again for your support!

Stay happy, healthy and safe,

-WatchMeWhip13