The Zodiac Diaries: Part 3

AQUARIUS

I stirred, standing up hastily, before falling to my feet once again, my legs going numb. "Wha-" Next to me, Libra pressed her hand over my mouth. "We've been captured, brother," she whispered. "Aries is a werewolf. She injected us with toxin." Libra heaved a sigh. "We need to run if we have any chance of survival." I nodded, attempting to scramble onto my feet before collapsing once again. "It;s not going to work!" Libra hissed. "We're going to have to use the old tunnel system through here." Blinking fast, I frowned, turning back toward my sister. "How-"

"I saw Aries leaving for town through a cave over there." Libra began crawling toward a large hole in the ground, struggling. "C'mon; it's our only shot!" I followed hesitantly, easing myself into the tunnel... where we found a muscled man awaiting us with a dagger made of white oak in his hand. Grabbing at the rocks, Libra stood, somehow walking through her pain. Motivated by her, I rose to my feet too, miraculously not collapsing. "You're going to stop two Original vampires with that eyesore of a dagger?" I laughed. The man did not look amused. Instead, he threw the dagger at my sister, who hastily dodged it.

"Let's take him," I said to her, and we rushed toward the man in sync. Within a matter of seconds, he was dead. "Come on!" Libra called. "Let's hurry out... we'll have to awaken her if we have any chance of survival..." By 'her', Libra meant our oldest (half) sister, Ophiuchus. She carried the werewolf gene from her father and shared a mother with us. When she was turned, Ophiuchus' werewolf gene lay dormant until 1789, when I had been bitten by a werewolf and Libra, along with our two other brothers, Orion and Sirius, had hastily undergone the ritual to make Ophiuchus a werewolf,  killing a werewolf, a vampire and a doppelganger to ensure that she was made into a hybrid. 

However, Ophiuchus could not create more hybrids without the blood of the doppelganger, so she began to serve the purpose of a werewolf bite curing blood bag. She was only awoken in times of dire need. Whipping out her telephone, Libra dialed Orion's number. He picked up almost immediately. "Orion, get me some of Ophiuchus' blood-Aquarius and I have got werewolf toxin in our system!" She hung up after he responded, sighing. "He'll be here in 10 minutes." True to his word, Orion showed up in just 10 minutes, administering us with some of Ophiuchus' blood. "Thank you, brother," Libra sighed. "It's not a problem," he replied, looking rather worried. 

"What's the matter?" I asked, rising to my feet. "Well, you see, when I awakened Ophiuchus and extracted some of her blood, she knocked me unconscious almost immediately  and escaped." Libra winced. "We must capture her." I nodded. Orion sighed, hands in pockets. "Well, Sirius has gone after her, and he says she's heading here." Libra looked indignant. "She must be coming to make more hybrids. We cannot have that happening, and we cannot have her locating a Williamson doppelganger. We'll be ruined on that occasion!" I turned toward Orion, my expression grim. "We'll have to murder her."

PISCES

Fluffing all the pillows once again, I cast a nervous glance across the room, taking a deep breath. "You'll be fine, you'll be fine..." Jolting me out of my mantra, the bell chimed all so suddenly. Trying to act unfazed, I turned my hand in the direction of the door. "Apertum." The door swung open, revealing a handsome, dark-skinned boy clutching a white card quite tightly, a confused expression on his face. "Taurus," I breathed, smiling. "We finally meet." Showing him into my living room, I gestured toward a white couch layered generously with pillows. Noticing his gaze skim over the minimalist boho style of my place, I hastily adjusted the fuzzy white throw, seating myself comfortably opposite to him in one of the beige chairs.

 Noticing his gaze skim over the minimalist boho style of my place, I hastily adjusted the fuzzy white throw, seating myself comfortably opposite to him in one of the beige chairs