Ch.12 Setter Mode

Start from the beginning

Boys Lineup (Serving) 

Iizuna (3rd yr S)    Middle Blocker

Sakusa. (WS)              3rd year (WS)

Komori/3rd yr (L)    Opposite Hitter

*I don't want to name their teammates*

Girls Lineup

Fumiko (3rd yr WS)                        Mai (3rd yr S)

Kairi (3rd yr MB) Shizuka/Seika (3rd yr L)

Miyuki (2nd yr WS)         Namika (3rd yr WS)

"The 2nd year is starting as an Opposite Hitter?" Iizuna points out. "I think it's a tactic." 

"I wonder what they are planning." Komori chimes. 

"Who cares, we'll win anyway." The obnoxious 3rd year middle blocker says as the other MB went to serve. 

I see Miyuki turning to her Setter as she nods and turns to her other teammates before the whistle is blown. Their Libero receives it as we see their Setter not moving but going in for a back attack while every other spiker did as well. I looked at Miyuki who was facing their setter. She looks at her which made the blockers go with her. In a flash she sets it but I heard the ball being slammed back down in the middle of the court.

Their Middle Blocker just spiked it. Each and everyone of us were prepared for a back attack from the right side. I hear Komori losing his words while I just stared wide eyed with my mouth a little open. I raised an eyebrow as I could've sworn I saw Miyuki turn a head little bit so we can see her looking at us before turning to her teammates.

"Yess!" Their Middle Blocker cheers as they pat Miyuki on the shoulders. She nods as Fumiko went for a serve. I can see Miyuki grinning a little as she faces the net. You clever. You trickster. You... you're getting on my nerves. I want to know what you're thinking as you are the threat. She's going to make me lose it if we play another set. I clenched my jaw and grin a little. 

Miyuki's POV

I can't believe we just pulled it off. I hope it won't be a fluke. In order to get points, as a Setter, you have to spread your offense. Spread the offense, you spread the defense. I use to be a Setter back in America. It really drive our opponents in confusion. 

Shall we keep doing this? Tbh, we're playing against boys. They'll catch on. I scanned formation. Only when Sakusa is in the front row, then I'll go back to being a Wing Spiker. I turn to Mai who simply nods as I place a hand signal to Fumiko. She is one of the best Servers. 

She serves in between Sakusa and Komori who Komori calls for it. Iizuna sets their Wing Spiker as Kairi and I went up to block. Since my hands go above the net, I can necessary do a kill block on this tall guy, so I have to soft block this spike. As Kairi hands went up to press over the net, my block was lower and he saw it. He was thinking of slamming it straight down. 

"Touch!!" I yelled as I see Mai take the first contact and instead of me taking the set, Shizuka sets it to Namika who hits the ball to Komori as Iizuna sets the ball to Sakusa. Here we go. All you gotta do is touch the ball. 

Baam!  

I put my hands up to touch the ball as I saw it for a split second when it went over the net. Mai picks it up while Fumiko sends it over.