Epilogue

"Listen boy! My first love story
Ooh wow, ooh wow yeah
My angel and my girls, my sunshine
Ah, ah, let's go!..."

Chanyeol  immediately changed the song as soon as it started playing. He had been feeling quite low for the past few days and this song reminded him way too much of somebody.... somebody he didn't want to think about, especially right now.

As soon as he had come back to Korea from that fateful trip, he had added this song to his playlist. As a memoir that everything that had happened had been real.

But now, with passing time, while the song continued to perform its job as a memoir, longing made it difficult to embrace the song and the memories with happiness, the way he could, earlier.

"Chanyeol hyung, let's go out for a cup of coffee?" Proposed Kyungsoo, his coworker and a dear friend from his office desk.

"Let's go." Agreed Chanyeol. He needed caffeine more than anything right now.

As they left the office premises, Chanyeol caught a glimpse of the general secretary of the company who was wearing his 'welcoming a new employee suit'.

Strange, thought Chanyeol. This wasn't the time of the year where they took in new recruits.
Perhaps a transfer, Chanyeol considered.

Out on the bustling Seoul streets, Chanyeol could forget all his worries in the hubbub of the city.

"Have you seen this hyung? Sounds interesting to me." Asked Kyungsoo, pointing towards the billboard above them.

"Coming Soon. First time in South Korea!
Crave? Cave!" Read the billboard.

It was as if the universe was hell bent on filling him with gloom today.
He thought back on the first time he had gone to that restaurant in Japan, with him. 3 years ago.
The 'him' was pesky, infuriating, impossible to get through to but at the same time so full of life, optimism and passion. His energy was contagious. No amount of thick skinned ness could resist it.

After Chanyeol had come back, they had constantly kept in touch with each other. But it was 2 years ago when everything went downhill- or perhaps it was already going downhill and that was the final blow.
As they both started working, work pressure piled on and began consuming more hours out of them and leaving less and less of hours for their own selves.
Most of the times, they wouldn't be able to take each other's calls and replied to texts after hours of when they were sent- dead conversation was all it mounted to.

They couldn't help it. Chanyeol had to stay here with his ailing father and Baekhyun in Japan with his grandfather. Baekhyun couldn't leave his grandfather alone at his age...They had become just another story which had succumbed to the harsh reality of life. There is nothing enchanting when it came to the real world.

The final blow was when Chanyeol lost his phone and taking backups wasn't something that had occurred to him until then. He didn't even remember his own social media IDs and Passwords, let alone remember Baekhyun's ID. Chanyeol tried to find him online but it was to no avail. Baekhyun always liked keeping quirky usernames which Chanyeol had found hilarious, until that moment because those quirky usernames made it all the more impossible to find him.

"Chanyeol hyung, you seem lost in thought. Is something the matter?" Asked a concerned Kyungsoo.

"No, no. I just have a few memories of my own with that restaurant, the Japanese branch of it I mean- I was just reminiscing them." He replied, dejected.

"Oh. Ah just a second, I have to take this call." Kyungsoo excused himself as his phone began to ring.

Chanyeol began thinking about who the new employee might be.