Finding Your Way

"So now that I helped you out, you're gonna tell me the full story?" Baekhyun demanded as they fastened their seatbelts.

Chanyeol decided to sit beside Baekhyun this time, only so that he could choose the music and no ulterior motive. He made sure to enunciate the ' only' and 'no ulterior' part.

"Well it's a long one." Said chanyeol, trying to save himself from the embarrassment. His breakup was quite brutal and regardless of that, he came all the way to Japan, in mid semester- he wasn't particularly interested in sharing this information with Baekhyun. Oddly enough, he did care about what the brunette thought of Chanyeol.

"Well as you can see, we have quite a journey ahead of us and I don't mind dramatic stories such as these to keep me entertained on a road trip." Replied Baekhyun. He was eager to know but he was playing it cool.

I mind, Chanyeol thought to himself.

"Yeah well it's not that dramatic. There is this girl I dated and we broke up but I kind of missed her and I found out somehow that she is in Japan, working for the Sakura hotel." Said Chanyeol finally, leaving out the details...

"She must've been one hell of a girl for you to come mid semester, all the way to Japan, just to find her. Ever heard of social media?" Baekhyun asked, sarcastically.

Chanyeol shot him a look.
"DaMN tHe ideA of usInG SocIAl MEdIa neVeR cRoSSeD mY MInd." Replying to sarcasm with sarcasm.

"She's not a fan of social media, I take it?" Baekhyun affirmed.

"Yeah.."

"Are you?" Baekhyun asked, with a straight face, eyes on the road.

"I guess.." Chanyeol responded, uncertain of what Baekhyun meant.

Baekhyun simply handed Chanyeol his phone and asked him to add his insta id.

Chanyeol was about to when his stomach growled.
He tried to act nonchalant when it growled again.

"Somebody is hungry." Baekhyun smirked
"Since we're on our way to Kawasaki, I know just the eating place to go to. Trust me, you'll love it!" He added.

Chanyeol wasn't sure whether to feel excited or scared.
                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" 'Crave?Cave!' What does that even mean?" Chanyeol asked, reading the name of the restaurant.
He knew that with Baekhyun, it was going to be something odd and chaotic.

"You'll see, Red. Just don't wet your pants." He winked.

The inside of the restaurant was.... empty. There were no chairs or tables, just a reception.

"Welcome to Crave?Cave! We give you the best caveman experience here! I take it it's your first time?" The receptionist said, with a bright, plastered smile.

"It is!" Said they brunette, excitedly.

Chanyeol on the other hand was losing his mind. Cave Man experience? Cave man????

"So let me explain it to you, we'll give you a torch but it's shaped like lit wood. The door to the cave is behind me. The cave is artificial but looks very real. You're going to go in through the various twisted pathways and look for an inscription on the surrounding wall. Writing on the wall. Hahah. Pun intended.

Anyway, that is where you're supposed to sit. Now the inscription will be a riddle and once you solve it, you write the answer on this beeper I'm giving you, if the answer is correct, the waiter will be sent your coordinates and he'll come right away to serve you. Any questions?" She beamed.

"No" "Yes" said Baekhyun and Chanyeol respectively, simultaneously.
Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun.

"This is absurd. We're paying you for food, why should we go through all this for paid food? What if I don't want to solve the riddle?" Chanyeol asked, finding the situation ridiculous.