Finding Happiness

Another hotel down.
Chanyeol was extremely nervous now. Nervous that the next hotel would be the one since it's the only one left and the entire journey would come to an end.

Somehow, as the road went on, his coming to Japan started becoming more and more about this road trip than the final destination.
Considering how nervous he felt, making a final destination movie reference isn't overdoing it at all. After a long, long time he felt..happy and he was nervous that this happiness would come to an end just as this journey would.

"Chanyeol!! Park Chanyeol!!"

"Ouch!!" Chanyeol whimpered, reacting to a sting on his arm.
"You pinched me." He said, stunned.

"Yeah well you weren't listening." Replied Baekhyun, brazen and unabashed.

Chanyeol glared at him.

"Now that I have your attention, I was telling you about how you're extremely lucky to have me as your driver for no other driver could cover these distances at my pace while keeping you entertained." Beamed Baekhyun.

"So you bruised me to gloat about yourself?"

"Basically, yeah." Replied the brunette, proud of himself.

"Baekhyun do you ever realise- wait is that a 'Girls' Generation Foreva' bracelet on your hand?" Chanyeol asked, noticing the red band which had slipped from Baekhyun's forearm to his wrist.

"No, it's not. It's just a random wrist band." Replied Baekhyun, trying to keep his calm while pushing the bracket back under the sleeve of his shirt.

"I've seen this on my cousin sister's hand Baekhyun. I know it's a girls generation band. You're a total fan boy aren't you." Chanyeol cackled.
"Earlier with that song Gee in your playlist and now a whole fan band." He couldn't control his laughter.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"What were the fans called? Some? Sole? Sone? Right Sone!!!" He continued, sprouting words from within his chuckles.

"What is so hilarious about being a girl group fan?" Baekhyun mumbled.

"Nothing. It's adorable, really. Very unlike your 'Being cool runs in my blood' image but adorable whatsoever. Especially your band.." And there, he started laughing again.

"Okay stop. The thing is, you know girls' generation's leader? Taeyeon? Her and I used to date at one point. So when the first girls' generation merchandise came out, this band was one of them and she wanted me to have it. We broke up a long time back but it's still a gift from one of my closest friends.. so yeah. Moreover, girls' generation has some real nice songs, you should be more open minded Yeol." Baekhyun confessed.

Chanyeol was awestruck.
"So you.. and Taeyeon? For real? Wow. Did I tell you that I used to be a trainee at SM entertainment for a few months too? My parents thought I'd become 'less shy' that way, interacting with fellow trainees and so they sent me there. I was supposed to debut with that hit group EXO? The group who sang 'growl'? But I dropped out, the idol thing was not for me." Chanyeol replied.

"You're kidding!! I was supposed to debut with EXO too!! That is where I met Taeyeon- at SM. But then my parents got into an accident and I moved to Japan where my grandfather lived- lives." Baekhyun couldn't believe it. He wasn't the kind who believed in destiny and fate and all those baseless words but this encounter felt far too special to just be a coincidence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome To Yokohama." Read the sign board.

"10 km left to Sakura hotel, 9km right to Blue sky, Beach and Resort." Read another sign board.