Finding The Truth?

"I have a question" said Chanyeol as they got in the car with their bloated stomachs but satiated minds.

"Shoot." Said Baekhyun, starting the car.

"You have deep knowledge about faraway islands and Christian traditions but you're an absolute dud when it comes to tourist attractions?" Questioned the tall guy.

"Yeah well not everybody is good at history and geography." Baekhyun replied, afraid Chanyeol might've had caught onto his story.

"But you're literally a driver? These are like THE two things you should know. Unless you're not a driver.......?" Suspected Chanyeol.

"Oh look it's a bird!! Or wait it's a plane?!" Said Baekhyun, remembering the superman theme-his childhood favourite,pointing at a random direction in the sky. It was a pitiful attempt to evade the question and Baekhyun knew it.

"It's neither. Nor is it Superman. Or since we're in Japan, it's not Doremon either. Now coming back to the question-"

"Why would you mention Doremon? Don't you remember the title track? It would've made sense for you to mention the blue robot had I said 'Oh wait is it a helicopter?' like how they say in the title track. Foreigners, I swear." Said Baekhyun, disapprovingly shaking his head at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol was about to speak up when he realised that Baekhyun was doing it again. He was using his fluency with words to get away from the real deal but Chanyeol knew better this time.

"You're also a foreigner BYUN BAEKHYUN. Also, stop avoiding the question. Are you or are you not an actual cab driver?" Demanded Chanyeol, trying to sound stern.

"Yeah okay I'm not. My grandpa owns the company and I help out if he needs me to. I'm just a business administration major who likes extra pocket money ." Baekhyun finally confessed.

"I knew it!! So all that crap you gave me about your poverty and how I was being offensive? You tripped me into feeling guilty when you're a Chaebeol who owns all the cars in the garage? Wah you jerk-" Chanyeol was brimming with anger.

"Okay you don't have to get all Red on me-. Yeah fine I'm sorry." Said Baekhyun, trying to pacify the giant beside him. He didn't want a 6ft+ who probably worked out for a living, angry at him.

Trying to steer the conversation into a more lighter note, Baekhyun questioned Chanyeol about the degree he was pursuing.

"Economics." Said Chanyeol, still pissed.

"And what are your dreams, you know, like in life?" Asked Baekhyun, realising how he was sounding like his 9th grade homeroom teacher.

"The usual- a good job, a nice family, a big house, happiness." He replied.

"Cute." Said Baekhyun.

"Cute?? So what do you want to do,stand up for presidency?" inquired Chanyeol, offended by Baekhyun's dismissive remark.

"Oh no the BLUE HOUSE is too blue for me. I'm personally more of a brown kind of a person, you know?" joked Baekhyun.
Need somebody to crack a joke or two when it's clearly not the time to? Call Baekhyun.

"Okay, okay, chill I'll tell you." Said Baekhyun as Chanyeol punched him on his shoulder.
"I don't have a set formula for happiness. My dream in life is to do all sorts of strange things which I would regret not doing when later I'm on my death bed. I want to run, fly, jump even fall- I just don't want to stop." Finished Baekhyun.

"Isn't the last part out of a Bollywood movie?" Asked Chanyeol.

"It is." Baek replied.

"Interesting." Said Chanyeol, more in his mouth than out loud.