Chapter 8: Insecurities

Vincent's POV

The sun was already setting and it was getting dark but I was confident no one was following us since the ring didn't make any sound. Only the red light on the ring blinked to show that it was on.

I told Juan then about our plan to go to Paris and told him about how his brother was trying to find him. I told him that it would be safer if he could stay with Blood Phoenix members and Cade and his friends in Paris. Juan looked worried.

"Juan, you can tell me if you have any reservations. I will not force you to stay with Cade if you don't want it." I told him.

"I'd like to stay with you, if I may." Juan told me anxiously.

"It might be safer to stay with Cade." I told him. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he could put Max in danger by just being with us. That sounded selfish and biased towards Max.

"I..just don't want to be with Cade right now." He told me digging the ground with the toe of his shoe as he stared down at the ground.

"Can you tell me what's going on between you and Cade?" I asked him.

Juan hesitated but then looked at me awkwardly.

"You'll probably not like what I say." He told me nervously.

"No. Try me. I promise I won't judge you." I told me.

"Um..well..we had sex." He said and my eyes widened in shock.

"Aren't you fifteen?" I asked him.

"Sixteen." He said as if that made any difference.

"Did you use protection?" I asked him warily.

"No. Cade didn't like condoms." He said so matter of factly and I stared at him. Here I am, an ancient fossil who still hadn't had sex consciously with anyone and this kid already knows it all, I thought as I stared at him.

"But..you could get pregnant and there could be diseases. Didn't anyone teach you about using protection?" I asked him worriedly.

"I can't get pregnant. The doctors confirmed to me. I don't have periods either and Cade said he didn't have any disease." He told me and I nodded at that.

"Was it both of your first time?" I asked him.

"It was my first time. Cade has sex quite frequently. I did it with him because I thought I could get him to stop that behaviour." He said, rubbing his arms.

It was starting to get chilly outside. I pulled off the jacket I was wearing and put it on Juan. He was startled but I pulled him along until we saw a huge tree stump. I pulled Juan along with me to sit on the stump, close beside me. I was still processing what Juan had revealed.

I was shocked to know Cade had sex frequently. I mean he was just sixteen. Okay, so maybe I had seen him in bed with two adult women that day Luc walked into his bedroom. But I didn't think he was having sex with them. Um..maybe I was the dumb one. But anyway..

"How do you know Cade has sex frequently? He may just be bluffing to appear more experienced." I told Juan and Juan smiled.

"I wish that was true. For one thing, he is too experienced and you can tell." Juan said and I ogled at him.

"Cade told me he had a sexual encounter with a woman when he was nine years old. Apparently, Luc daddy also had sex at that age. So, Cade thinks he should do whatever Luc daddy had done." Juan told me. Everything about this was shocking.

"But that's not true." I said and Juan looked at me curiously.

"Luc daddy didn't have sex when he was nine?" Juan asked me.