Chapter one

Re cap from the end of the last story :

Lily's P.O.V

When I let go of Dan, a doctor walked in and held a clipboard in his hands.

"I'm glad your awake Miss Carlile because we have good news." I knew what they were going to say so I looked at Dan who was staring intently at the doctor.

"You are going to a mother" Dan turned to me and hugged me tightly and I didn't care that he was hurting me, I just cared that he didn't reject me.

"Im going to be a dad?!" He shouted and the doctor and I nodded.

"I could not be happier right now" he said and I nodded.

"I will leave you two now." The doctor said and left the room.

"If you were a Pokemon I'd choose you Dan Howell"

"Dan Howell used 'propose'"

"It was very effective"

*

Current day-

"Excuse me for one moment class" the professor leaves his podium where he was presenting his speech about what it involves being a lawyer and walks over to my table.

"Do you need to step outside for a moment? You seemed troubled by something and you look like you are in pain" I shook my head no, but the tears threatening to spill from my eyes said otherwise.

"Thank you proffesor, don't keep from your presentation" I said as I stood up with my bag over my shoulder and exited the class.

I ran as fast as I could to the toilet facilities and locked the main door once I was inside after making sure I was alone.

I calmly walked over to the mirror preparing to see makeup running down my cheeks and red splotches littering my face but to my disappointment, it was exactly what I saw.

I looked down and held my stomach with both hand and choked up a little. Six months and there is only the tiniest bump there, not the average size I should be for two months pregnant.

I haven't said anything to Dan about it but it is worrying me that something is wrong with the baby and I don't have the money to see what's wrong with it.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my painkillers and wash two of them down with a bottle of water before breathing out at the sudden relief from the pain.

My phone started ringing and the caller ID was unknown but I still answered it anyway incase it was important.

"Hey Lily, it's Edie. I'm I'm using Jenna's phone since mine died but I wanted to know if you are okay? I saw you running past our classroom and you didn't look so well so I told the professor that I need to get a drink which is why I'm calling you now, I hope that answered the questions you were about to ask me." She spoke so fast I could barely keep up but I understood every word and put a hand to my head.

"Can you possibly get out of class for a minute and come to the bathrooms so I can explain myself better?" The phone cut out and when I pulled it away from my ear I saw that she had hung up. Maybe she got caught or something?

Just as I put my phone back into my bag, there was a knock at the door. "It's just me!" I opened slightly and when I saw it was just her, I let her in and locked he door behind her.

"Whatever I say in here is confidential and can only be discussed between us so no pj, no chris, no phil and especially no Dan. Got it?" She just nodded and sat on one of the sinks.

"Okay so for the past month or two I haven't been the best." Her eyes shifted to my arms then back up at me and I shook my head.

"No, I didn't relapse but I think something is wrong with the baby" her eyes went wide and lifted up my shirt to look at my stomach.

"You're six months in right?" I nodded again and she looked my stomach over again. "This is very odd since your stomach should be twice the size of this between six and seven months" she was having a hard time trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with me.

"I think I might know what could be causing me problems. That night at the cliff, I had drunken two bottles of vodka and swallowed a lot of pills and I knew I was pregnant before that. Could that possibly effect the baby in any way?" She pulled out her laptop and put everything I just said into her notes.

She has been doing so many different courses it's hard to know which one she is most keen about but the reason I'm asking her all of these things is because she is studying the human body and everything to do with it. I don't know what the subject is called but I'm just going to call it human studies for now.

"We are actually learning about the female body and everything about pregnancies so is it okay if I take this to my next class and ask the proffesor about it. I will remove all names from my notes and say it's for an Aunty or something." She showed me what she had written down before I have her a thumbs up.

"Okay, so take some painkillers and go back to my flat, not dans because he will get all worried. Pj might be there but I will cover for you. I have to go to the administration anyway so I'll say you had to leave early. You know me, I can get anything I want." She jumped off of the sink and walked out the door, leaving me to fix up my face.

*

I walked up the path and knocked on the door of Edie and pjs flat hoping that she had already Called him with a cover story.

My phone went off with a message from the same number Edie called me from so I opened it.

'You're staying the night, but you had to leave early to surprise me. That's your story now I'll see you later'

My head snapped up when I saw pj standing at the door and invited me in.

"Working on a new film I guess?" I said to pj, gesturing to all of the cardboard sets everywhere and he nodded.

"Okay, I'm going into Edie's old room to set up the sunrise also if it's okay with you, I'm going to steal her away for a movie night and you're not allowed, sorry" he just laughed and nodded before I walked into Edie's only room and laid down on the bed and slowly fell asleep with tears in my eyes hoping she comes back with an answer.