Chapter 34: A promise of love

Start from the beginning

"I think I can live with that" He replied breaking the silence, nodding to himself.

"I love you..." He paused placing a lingering kiss on my lips.

"So damn much" He continued, pulling apart.

"Okay sorry but not sorry to interrupt your romance but mom's calling you guys for dinner" The both of us turned around hearing Scarlett's voice as she passed by us, walking towards the dinning room.

"Great! Scar, did I ever tell you that you have perfect timing" Ryan said sarcastically in a loud enough voice for her to hear.

"Oh you never did but good news is that I already know that but thanks anyways" She replied cheekily, over her shoulder.

"And also that you are beyond annoying" Ryan added, this time not getting a reply as she already walked away from us.

"Ah...you should probably freshen up" I suggested as he just nodded and was just about to make his way upstairs when I stopped him.

"Ryan..." I called out.

"Yeah" He replied.

"Um...just don't tell anyone yet...okay" I said wondering if he'll agree with it or not.

"Alright, if that's what you want" He replied shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright" I murmured the word as a question.

Well I thought that he would at least ask why...I didn't expect him to just agree with me right away.

"Yeah alright" He said nodding.

"Okay then" I mumbled turning around, trying to walk to the dinning room...well key word 'trying' as I felt a tug on my wrist and the next thing I knew, I was slammed against a muscular, familiar chest.

"I just need you to know that though this baby is unexpected and the timing and situation might also not be very perfect and suitable but I'm more than happy about it, surprised but yet happy...this news is the best one that I have heard in a very, very long while" He said looking into my eyes...and for a moment I felt so exposed and conscious as if he's staring straight into my soul.

"And I promise to love and cherish this baby just as much as I love and cherish you, my love" He added, sealing my lips into a quick kiss before walking upstairs leaving me...kind of breathless and...well I don't know.

Huff. My feelings are kind of all over the place right now.

I guess what you mean to say is that you are confused, my subconscious said.

Yeah, something like that.

Later that night I sat having a very chatty dinner where Ryan's family really warmed up to Nancy, to which I'm quite relieved by the way because you know, Nancy is my best friend and Ryan's family also means a lot to me so I kind of just wanted them to get along so...anyways.

A few minutes later after having dinner everyone decided to call it a night and went back to their rooms which left only me, Ryan and Nancy in the living area.

"Ryan wait" I called out seeing that he was about to walk upstairs.

"I was thinking if Nancy could sleep in your, I mean our room tonight and if you could just crash in some other room" I said walking up to him as he stopped by the stairs.

"Why" He asked shrugging as if what I asked was the most illogical think to ask for.

"Because I have met my best friend after a really long time and I want to spend some time with her before she goes back..." I paused.